TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't have a factory spare and definitely would feel better having some kind of spare on my truck. I was looking at tons of different designs, but am still trying to figure out how to have the tire mounted while still allowing me to load my street bike into the bed for when I have track days.

Here's a picture from last year:

I took the tailgate off because I'm missing half the hardware and didn't want the ramp putting all the weight of the bike plus myself on a tailgate that wasn't properly installed.

As you can see my issue is that the back tire of the bike sticks out a bit and looking at all of the design possibilities I'm trying to figure out how to design a tiregate that allows the tire to be on it. I will obviously have the gate angled away from the truck to allow the tire clearance for the bike, but adding a spare tire in there is where my issue begins..

Anyone have any solutions?

Also the truck has 31's, but I'm getting 32's soon.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Roof and a strap!!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have a small 4x8 trailer with a condor wheel chock for if I ever need to bring my street bike and truck somewhere. Its a lot easier to load and unload than into the back of a lifted truck, one man operation. In my case I also don't have to remove the shell thats on my truck 99% of the time. The down side is its like another vehicle that needs to be stored.

Sorry, not much help with tire gate ideas lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a pretty nice Black Widow ramp which makes loading and unloading the bike in the bed SUPER easy for me to do by myself.

The factory location issue is that I don't have any of the factory tools or hardware and people want a grip for them if they are selling them and it's a pain in the butt to remove the spare from there when you actually need to remove it. And doesn't it affect clearance for wheeling?

Also the trailer issue for it is that I live in an apartment complex...they wouldn't let me use up one of their parking spots for a trailer....straight up parking nazis here.

I'm going to the track this weekend, so I'll get a chance to measure exactly how much that tire is sticking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts