TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1996-1997/Toyota/4-runner/1943.html

I have a 97 4runner. With factory alarm and key fob. I just purchased a Viper 3305v alarm. Because I want a better fob and more distance and security. I used the wiring diagrams of the Internet.

I want to keep the horn as the alarm sound and not use the ugly speaker they provide.

So I'm Little lost. I found most wires. Except few. On the VIPER alarm it is saying. CHANNEL 2 OUTPUT : connect to vechile negative trunk releat relay or other low current device. To my knowledge there's no trunk release output on 97.

And on VIPER alarm it's saying channel 3 output : connect to an auxiliary relay or low current device.

What is low current device in a vechile ?

For door trigger it's asking for + and - , and on the wiring diagram for the 4runner they only give you - I'm guessing to make it work properly I need to find a + to ?

Also for siren output: connect to the + wire on the siren or horn. The wiring diagram for the 4runner is only giving you a - horn wire. Will this work ?

And seriously, what do you do with the factory alarm ? It's wired into the PCM. If you disconnect it the car won't start. So how does that work? What do I do with factory alarm

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
[email protected]@[email protected] Wiring Chart and Diagram

I have a 97 4runner. With factory alarm and key fob. I just purchased a Viper 3305v alarm. Because I want a better fob and more distance and security. I used the wiring diagrams of the Internet.

I want to keep the horn as the alarm sound and not use the ugly speaker they provide.

So I'm Little lost. I found most wires. Except few. On the VIPER alarm it is saying. CHANNEL 2 OUTPUT : connect to vechile negative trunk releat relay or other low current device. To my knowledge there's no trunk release output on 97.

And on VIPER alarm it's saying channel 3 output : connect to an auxiliary relay or low current device.

What is low current device in a vechile ?

For door trigger it's asking for + and - , and on the wiring diagram for the 4runner they only give you - I'm guessing to make it work properly I need to find a + to ?

Also for siren output: connect to the + wire on the siren or horn. The wiring diagram for the 4runner is only giving you a - horn wire. Will this work ?

And seriously, what do you do with the factory alarm ? It's wired into the PCM. If you disconnect it the car won't start. So how does that work? What do I do with factory alarm
For channel 2 and channel 3, I think the low current device they're referring to is the trigger wire for the relay (if used) that controls the function that you're performing. For example, say you wanted the aux channel to turn on your headlights, the low current wire would trigger the headlight relay to turn the lights on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sounds like you should've left the factory alarm alone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts