TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
that was fun... it was nice wheeling with people that were more concerned about dents and scratches than I am. ran alot of trails... powerline, cedar tree, hogs back, firebreak5... others?

Cedar tree was a fun long one... I made it up hogs back unlocked first try which was a fun challenge, firebreak5 has changed alot! They added much more larger rock. I put my sliders and new skid plate to good use! lots of scratched that I now have to paint back up before they rust!:mad:

Anyway.. had a good time:cool:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Here are some pics of the Guys that went with Eric...camera got a bit wet so some of the pics are hazey..

Met a lot of great people. My '05 was a bit tight in some spots..

Kudos to Eric for volunteering to lead..He did a great job...

·
Registered
742 Posts
We also did can opener (thats the hill climb on 7 up right?). Thats where the stock wrangler and Tacoma tried to go down 7up (double black diamond). Before we did Firebreak 5 we checked out the crushers. There were 3 yotas playin on the rocks. It's amazing what you can do in a yota. I thought for sure one of them was going to break a rear drive line, but they all left unbroken (body damage doesnt count). There was a lot of stuff closed and I would have liked to do some of archers, but we just didnt have time. And I don't know that area very well anyway. Fri was an awsome day for camping, but then we woke up to rain. And then more rain. I'm both surprised and glad we didnt have any bad carnage. ocdropzone twisted up his rear bumper a tad, but other than that I think everyone escaped with only minor pin striping. All in all it was a good day for wheelin.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The Jeep Guy took some pictures too. theyr on C.O.O.T.A.

I'd like to get as many pictures up on the OTTORA gallery as I can. I'll be PMing people with instructions on how to do that tonight.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Richard's, the jeep guy's, pictures came out a lot better than the ones I took..guess the dunk in the Mud did not help..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Okay - I'm not the best picture poster - I'll wait for the instructions.
BTW - It was nice meeting you all - I had a great time. I should have sliders by the next trip.
Trevor

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We also did can opener (thats the hill climb on 7 up right?). Thats where the stock wrangler and Tacoma tried to go down 7up (double black diamond).
No that is the medium section of 7-up. We winched the jeep out of the double black and used my pick to knock some boulders out of the way for the Taco. Its amazing to me that people will leave total strangers stranded. We turned back around to help extract them after a few told us that they left them their and that we should go and help them. They payed for dinner that night so they were gratfull.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My truck is the only one of theses pics that was real bad, I have a better one if it can be replaced....
If you need a place to host pictures.. I use photobucket

www.photobucket.com

just sign up there and upload your pictures.. then insert the image code in your reply to the thread.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My truck is the only one of theses pics that was real bad, I have a better one if it can be replaced....
Yeah sorry about your picture, wanted to try to get one of every one up...Camera took a dunk in the mud, man was it frigging wet...by the way, your truck is basically what I am looking for now :D
Here are a couple of others, still not great:

Eric: I know it would be a pain for you, but one way for the pictures would be for people to email them to you...just a random thought

·
Registered
243 Posts
No that is the medium section of 7-up. We winched the jeep out of the double black and used my pick to knock some boulders out of the way for the Taco. Its amazing to me that people will leave total strangers stranded. We turned back around to help extract them after a few told us that they left them their and that we should go and help them. They payed for dinner that night so they were gratfull.
You mean to say the Taco made it out of there without being winched, but you had to winch the Jeep. I watched the Jeep making a run at that hill only to lose traction. Was the Taco locked with better tires or something?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts