TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I the only one that thinks having the ttora Facebook group has destroyed this forum and ttora as a whole? I know it has killed the GA chapter, the chapter president don't even post for events on the boards anymore.

The forums have been on the decline and almost dead activity wise since the Facebook group has started.

Need to get rid of the FB group imo.

Also, if a Mod sees this, can the change the thread title to "TTORA" instead of "torn" created this on my phone and auto correct changed it.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Facebook as a whole has reduced the traffic on lots of forum sites. I don't think the TTORA group or some of the other groups I follow have any significant impact here.
Bingo. Vbulletin type message boards have been on the decline for a while due to Facebook's "one stop shop".

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Facebook can't replace forums imo. None of the posts are organized in FB and you have to sift through endless bullshit to find whatever you are looking for. It's terrible.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
True. I've seen countless posts on various FB groups that can easily be answered by the FAQ on the forum sites. But people don't want to waste their time searching. They post the same shit over and over.

That said, it was interesting to see the quick bump in new sign-ups on the TTORA FB group after this thread was posted. :cool:

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
100% agree! More than that, lots of people who don't have facebook and post up every time they take a leak or let others know what they had for breakfast, miss out on things because it isn't posted on their hobbies forum. I don't frequent facebook 20 hours a day so I'd miss things too.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Facebook can't replace forums imo. None of the posts are organized in FB and you have to sift through endless bullshit to find whatever you are looking for. It's terrible.
This is ultimately why I still hang out here. I dont post much at all anymore but there is still an organized wealth of knowledge here. You look at toyota facebook groups and its all "what lift should I get bro?" or "how big of tires can I fit?" or just dumbass poser pics. Most wheeling I do anymore I organize offline with friends that I met here. So it decreases the need to use the forum I feel like.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is ultimately why I still hang out here. I dont post much at all anymore but there is still an organized wealth of knowledge here. You look at toyota facebook groups and its all "what lift should I get bro?" or "how big of tires can I fit?" or just dumbass poser pics. Most wheeling I do anymore I organize offline with friends that I met here. So it decreases the need to use the forum I feel like.
pretty much. Pirate is one of the few offroad forums left that dont have people asking about what lift and what size tires they can fit.

I joined a Tundra forum recently when I bought my tundra, and those are twice as bad. They have a whole sub forum dedicated to detailing tips, tricks, and how to's.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, if a Mod sees this, can the change the thread title to "TTORA" instead of "torn" created this on my phone and auto correct changed it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This is the reason I don't use any of the FB groups that I initially joined. I've seen people asking questions like "what's this light on my dash?!" (and it's the cruise control symbol). I prefer to use forums because I think they're easier to find the info/build thread/etc. that you want.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
People actually try and use FB groups for something? :lmao: Ok ok I have used them but sounds like a joke for auto tech.
:kewl: this is our "like" button.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
People actually try and use FB groups for something? :lmao: Ok ok I have used them but sounds like a joke for auto tech.
They are. Look at the Tacoma World FB group.
Someone last night posted a picture of their front end without the grille and asked.. "what are these 2 little things I circled in red..?" What were these 2 little things? They were the guys horns. Yes, his horns. :banghead:
Must be painful to be so stupid.

It makes me wonder if other car enthusiast groups on FB are so riddled with dumb questions.

·
Registered
368 Posts
NorCal Audi facebook group is pretty good about keeping discussion to just random entertaining topics (ie socializing on a social media network- it's intended purpose).

VW/Euro/BMW groups are just as bad as tacoma world sounds. People posting all kinds of stupid questions and pics/videos of them breaking the law in their cars.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They are. Look at the Tacoma World FB group.
Someone last night posted a picture of their front end without the grille and asked.. "what are these 2 little things I circled in red..?" What were these 2 little things? They were the guys horns. Yes, his horns. :banghead:
Must be painful to be so stupid.

It makes me wonder if other car enthusiast groups on FB are so riddled with dumb questions.
Maybe you should start taking pictures of your oil dipstick, radiator cap, battery, etc. and ask what they are on there? Could be fun... or just frustrating:rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is the primary site I look to when I'm about to do something with my truck. Most every regular maintenance item has been covered and there is usually a write-up created by a member. I don't need to post questions since everything has been answered. I still like to read what's going on, but I usually don't have anything to contribute.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I wish that TAPATALK was free, it would be easier to reply with smartphones.
Most kids now do not use a computer, they rather use their phone, because of convince. Faster to reply on FB, than going through the internet and getting on to the forum. But like it was said, the majority of the newbs are using FB To find tech answers, instead of going to the forum.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I wish that TAPATALK was free, it would be easier to reply with smartphones.
Most kids now do not use a computer, they rather use their phone, because of convince. Faster to reply on FB, than going through the internet and getting on to the forum. But like it was said, the majority of the newbs are using FB To find tech answers, instead of going to the forum.
I use my iPhone 95% of the time and my laptop the other 5% when it's more suited to my current task. That said, it's quicker for me to get to Ttora than any group on FB.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts