1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A repost from the nantional forum:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55796

SteveO said:
After seeing what they do for Cruiser owners over on 'Mud I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of TTORA members that would be willing to help out a fellow member in other parts of the country if needed. The idea is, when you head out on a trip you can print out the list and carry it with you in your truck. If you're three States (or a country) away from home and you find yourself broke down or stuck then you will have a list of TTORA members in the area to call for help. You may need a hand replacing a U-joint, advice on where to get parts on a weekend or a place to crash overnight while your truck's in the shop. This should be useful for guys driving 2 hours for an event or Ted, the TTORA gypsy, travelling to events thousands of miles from home a couple times a year. The more people that sign up, the stronger the resource will be.

The list will include:
Name of TTORA member.
Forum name.
State/Province.
Phone number with area code.
Willing to house stranded/travelling members? (yes/no/maybe)
Mechanical ability (none, basic, skilled, mechanic)
Special note: (Do you have lots of tools, heated garage, car hauler etc)

This is a volunteer only list and it will not be available to the public. I'll hang on to the original spreadsheet and update it as people send me their info. If you would like a copy it's free, but you need to sign up as well. It's a give and take kind of thing. I won't post the info publically and it will only be avaliable to others on the list. I'll compile it for a month or so then will send it out to people as they request it.

If you have any questions, ask away but try and keep the thread clear of chit chat. If you want to add yourself to the list then send your info to [email protected] and I'll get it going. Make sure you include TTORA in the subject heading so it doesn't get filtered.

When you send your info, be sure it's complete and to the point. List it in order and it will make it easier for me to cut and paste into an excel spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have any questions. .....Steve

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thanks Molly, the more response we get the better and more useful the list will be. It's already got quite a few names in just the first 5 minutes. .....Steve

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shaweet! Troy and I REALLy could have used this when we got stuck in Grand Island nebraska this last summer!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know it would have helped me a couple times and there are enough members now across Canada and the US that you should always be within a few minutes of one of us if your ever need a hand. The one I have from IH8Mud is incredible and I figured we could do the same or better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
SteveO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing