TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progress on Saturday. Should be finished tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Oops on the rad :D

Looks good so far! Looks BEEFY.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Did a bumper for someone today. droped a pice of tube, it bounced up and tagged the radiator :banghead: :banghead: live and learn. :D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Damn, I barely believe you are getting rid of that cow catcher you had on there before! I am sure you front suspension is going to be thanking you.

You do realize that with a little bit more planning on your part that cross member you guys tighed the stinger bar to, could have been built a bit more study and you could double it up for your spring hangers for a SAS.:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bear said:
You do realize that with a little bit more planning on your part that cross member you guys tighed the stinger bar to, could have been built a bit more study and you could double it up for your spring hangers for a SAS.:D
Ya, you should have notched it into the frame so you have a lot more surface to weld, much stronger.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's what I just did with mine. Had to add another 10 ga. plate at the frame horns to fill the gaps. This crossmember ain't going anywhere. Like Bear said...........

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the cross member was 10 guage tube notched at the end cap with a new 1/2" nut welded inside the frame.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really have to extend a great big thanks to Laurence from TXTTORA. That hole in the radiator was fixed with stop leak on saturday. Well it did not hold and the truck started overheating in austin. almost all of the coolant drained out of the system due to the leak. laurence drove 30+ minutes, bought coolant, water and jb weld and hung out while we sealed up the leak with the weld. the jb weld held for the rest of the drive back to dallas but i don't think the cooling system is flowing like it should. i am going to buy a new radiator tomorrow and get some BG coolant flush to clean out the system. thanks again laurence.

Here are the almost finished pics. The bumper will be completed sometime in the future with a skid plate below the winch and some light tabs. it should be painted this week sometime.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the winch plate is welded all the way around the main stinger and is gusseted with 1/4" plate on the sides. it is a 3/16" warn winch plate. It ain't goin anywhere.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to mention this in my first post but all of the fab work was done by Jayce G. at his shop in San Marcos. Jayce goes by Jfab on the boards. I brought him a idea of what I wanted and he was able to build this kick ass bumper. Thanks a lot Jayce.

·
Registered
324 Posts
lets see it with a winch and some lights, looks a little naked right now!

·
Registered
324 Posts
oh yeah, sorry i didnt mention, i like very much your bumpers...it nice!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a little fun with the forklift. seems strong enough.\

Finished for now and painted. Still needs to have light tabs welded on. I want to get a piece of 3/16" rolled with the tube below the winch plate. I also need to either fab a new skid plate or figure out mounts for the stock one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks sturdy, where are the lights going, seems like they should be mounted directly above your plate, you should have a cross member there for the lights, mabye something lighter duty and somewhat hidden, just enough to support the lights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you bumper looks badass man. loooks pretty stout.

now i finally know who drives by my shop in plano every onece in awhile. i see your truck every few weeks, would love to see it up close.

matt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts