TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
My brother bought for me a set of doors & mirrors for Christmas!!!!
They just arrived today, Dec 30....

Nicely packaged.

Now I need to clean them up and get them painted.

Then mounted... but now I am thinking of getting those QR Hinges.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Incase anyone wants to know how the doors look on a double cab
I slotted the upper factory hinge's bolt hole.

Makes mounting and dismounting way easier.

Side view - the door barely sticks out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's HOT out! Get great air flow and open views with a new set of tube doors today!

We have tube doors in stock and ready to ship. Get your order in before they are gone!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ive been thinking about tube doors, but if i do them i want to keep them on all the time. The only issue i have is if it rains in screwed. Do you know of anyone that would make a soft door cover that would snap on and keep the insides dry, something like the soft top on the jeeps. I know it might sound crazy, but i really want open doors.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
At that point you are truely better off swapping the stock door back on. You'll never get a soft door to seal well with the design of the door opening on these trucks. The Jeeps have a much simpler door opening.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
At that point you are truely better off swapping the stock door back on. You'll never get a soft door to seal well with the design of the door opening on these trucks. The Jeeps have a much simpler door opening.
Yeah that's what I was figuring. This is just a thought but what if I were to gut a stock door just leaving enough around the edges so that it could still seal and then make a soft cover that would tuck into the door seals some how. You think that would work?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
15 Participants
traxman25
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing