TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting on my Marlin Tube doors with the quick disconnects. Everything came out great! It was a bit of a PITA to take out the stock pins on 8 sets of hinges and it was another PITA to realign the stock doors after I had everything apart. Other than that it was a pretty easy install.

To stay somewhat legal I used one of the mirrors from my DRZ400 and welded a double nut setup on the driver tube door. Only thing left to do is to get some cheapo all weather speakers, weld on some tabs on the doors for em, and wire em up. The truck sleeps in the garage all the time so Im not worried about putting the stock doors back on for now.

I also welded on some left over eye bolts to depress the little door sensor so I can still use my alarm and the dome light wont stay on. I havent wheeled yet and I can already tell its going to be so much nicer to not have to fight my seatbelt because I can see! I cant wait for summer!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
nice doors man! yea they definatly make a huge difference in fun/drivablility on the trails. i love mine, but i bought them to late in the season last year and only got to use them once!

now i bought quick release door hinges so hopefully i can get those one without much trouble this spring and use my tube doors more often. those factoy doors are heavy bitches!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99FlowedTaco said:
WTF is all that shit in the background ?
Its California's never ending development of open areas :mad:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tube Doors, Upgraded with Bling

Since I was negative 2 front speakers the sound sucked a bit so i went out and got some Pioneer encased speakers (~120 $). They're not all weather like you would find on a boat but to deal with the elements Ill be getting some small weather proof drawstring bags to place over them in the event of mud or rain etc. They sound pretty good and they fit great! I also wired everything up to have quick disconnects so in the event I go back to stock doors its snap snap and Im ready to roll.

I drive around out here in SoCal with these doors and people on the road look at me like Im from another planet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant really get a pic from the side...you wont see anything because they are recessed within the door frame....or did you mean just farther back from the side angle like the third pic? I will try tomorrow when we are wheeling to get some other angles. :D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Nice! when did u put that fancy bed on?

RaideRNatioN said:
Just finished putting on my Marlin Tube doors with the quick disconnects. Everything came out great! It was a bit of a PITA to take out the stock pins on 8 sets of hinges and it was another PITA to realign the stock doors after I had everything apart. Other than that it was a pretty easy install.

To stay somewhat legal I used one of the mirrors from my DRZ400 and welded a double nut setup on the driver tube door. Only thing left to do is to get some cheapo all weather speakers, weld on some tabs on the doors for em, and wire em up. The truck sleeps in the garage all the time so Im not worried about putting the stock doors back on for now.

I also welded on some left over eye bolts to depress the little door sensor so I can still use my alarm and the dome light wont stay on. I havent wheeled yet and I can already tell its going to be so much nicer to not have to fight my seatbelt because I can see! I cant wait for summer!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Nice

Yeah I love my tube doors.

·
Registered
572 Posts
tube doors are neat and niffty untill you take a 40 or 50 mile trip on dirt roads...then they flat out suck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
crawler#976 said:
tube doors are neat and niffty untill you take a 40 or 50 mile trip on dirt roads...then they flat out suck.
Tube doors are getting near the top of my wish list, so I'm curious about why they suck on long haul dirt roads; my favorite kind of driving.

Is it that there's a ton of dust circulating thru the cab? Rocks kicking up?

I drive long haul with the windows open frequently. Yes, I get dust circulating thru the cab, but is there that much difference?

I don't want em if they're miserable for long haul, but they just seem to make so much sense for an off road vehicle.

Nice writeup, BTW.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBob said:
Nice! when did u put that fancy bed on?
You like that....thats 100% custom! Hehe, just havent had a chance to build the flatbed/exo yet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
toyguy said:
Tube doors are getting near the top of my wish list, so I'm curious about why they suck on long haul dirt roads; my favorite kind of driving.

Is it that there's a ton of dust circulating thru the cab? Rocks kicking up?

I drive long haul with the windows open frequently. Yes, I get dust circulating thru the cab, but is there that much difference.

I don't want em if they're miserable for long haul, but they just seem to make so much sense for an off road vehicle.

Nice writeup, BTW.

Well, the dust is so bad, I used my ATV goggles when driving over 30 MPH with tubedoors...

Fortunately the interior on the BPOS is thrashed anyway, but I killed multiple Pioneer cd players - finally just gave up on keeping a CD player in the rig at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man, I had no idea.

BTW, that's a hilarious visual; seeing someone boogie down a middle of nowhere dirt road in a 4 x with tube doors kickin up a ton of dust. And wearin goggles.

The goggles idea makes perfect sense; it just cracks me up. No disrespect intended.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand completley. My buddy had a jeep that we had to wear our dirtbike goggles in :D I will be taking mine again today as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crawler#976 said:
Well, the dust is so bad, I used my ATV goggles when driving over 30 MPH with tubedoors...

Fortunately the interior on the BPOS is thrashed anyway, but I killed multiple Pioneer cd players - finally just gave up on keeping a CD player in the rig at all.
I dont even use the CD player anymore really. Its a pioneer and at one point it was nice but now I have an AUX stereo mini jack input and I just hook up the MP3 player wheel!

·
Registered
307 Posts
RaideRNatioN said:
I dont even use the CD player anymore really. Its a pioneer and at one point it was nice but now I have an AUX stereo mini jack input and I just hook up the MP3 player wheel!
I do this too. i have a pioneer deck and i bought the ipod kit from pioneer. It charges the pod while you use it too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts