TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be a repost, but will it fit a Pre-Runner? How much? How difficult to install? Welding?

Danny

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I am thinking about running the Donahoes/Camburg arm setup with TC 5" lift. Anyone have pros/cons? I see that Peter Parks has the AllPro Arms. But im looking for other opinions too. This is all up in the air though, I would only do this if the price is right.
I am thinking about getting rid of the 2" Bodly lift if I do this.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
I am thinking about running the Donahoes/Camburg arm setup with TC 5" lift. Anyone have pros/cons? I see that Peter Parks has the AllPro Arms. But im looking for other opinions too. This is all up in the air though, I would only do this if the price is right.
My personal opinion:

Donahoes + Camburg arms + TC lift = Awesome combo
:xrocker:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i didn't think you could combine the donahoe coilovers with the TC or TM or whatever lift kit...and what benefit do you have combining those two? better ride? better flex?

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
04RedLobster said:
i'm still learning about this coilovers combo with the drop down bracket lifts...can some one explain to me how this is done?
Drop down bracket lift- Drops all IFS components (control arms, diff, etc) by the use of steel sub-frame brackets

Coilover lift- Adjustable coil pushes down control arms with added pre-load on coil

Since most drop down bracket lifts use a spacer to relocate the stock coil, coilovers can be used in conjunction with that kit to provide added lift.

Tuff Country drop down bracket lift = 5"
King Coilovers = Adjusted to 2.5" lift
Total suspension lift = 7.5"

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
In my opinion, the different upper arms are all about the same. One of the few differences I saw other than price was that the Allpro arms were slightly longer which solved the interference problems I was having.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing