TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am thinking about getting a Tundra. I have had several 4 runners and the pre-tacoma p/u and they were the best trucks I have ever had. Do you think the Tundra is as quality built as the others?

I am looking at a 2002 TRD 4x4 w/ 104K miles... is that V8 going to be good to go for another 100K like the smaller yota motors?

Thanks for the advice in advance :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's a particular member on Tundra Solutions that has over 300K on his Tundra, with no big issues. And several members of the 200K club as well. It's all anecdotal but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that truck go at least another 100K. Remember though that the 2UZ-FE is an interference engine, and the replacement interval for the timing belt is 90K miles. Make sure that's been done as its a multi-hundred dollar job to get done.

I have a 2000 Tundra with almost 99K miles. Everything is great except for the infamous brake vibration (which has a TSB, it's just too expensive for me to do at this point in time,) some dash rattles (also infamous), and other miscellaneous trim pieces that creak when the truck flexes. It's annoying but trivial in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Levi said:
Hey,
I am thinking about getting a Tundra. I have had several 4 runners and the pre-tacoma p/u and they were the best trucks I have ever had. Do you think the Tundra is as quality built as the others?

I am looking at a 2002 TRD 4x4 w/ 104K miles... is that V8 going to be good to go for another 100K like the smaller yota motors?

Thanks for the advice in advance :)
duah, its a yota! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Wheelin taco2131
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing