TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got done with the tundra brake upgrade and having a problem now. I replaced everything with SS brake lines and new rotors pads and such. I bled the brakes with my motive bleeder and the passenger front wont bleed. I took it for a spin and when I press the brakes it pulls to the left. What could be the problem? Calipers bad? Need help fast.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Did you replace ALL the brakes - front & rear?
Did you change anything else - master cylinder, prop valves, etc?
Do you have ABS?
Does the Tundra brake rotors/calipers fit properly on your tacoma brackets?

Check to make sure your calipers are right-side-up and the bleeders are at the top.

What exactly is a motive bleeder?? I would get a friend and bleed them the old fashioned way....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you replace ALL the brakes - front & rear?
Did you change anything else - master cylinder, prop valves, etc?
Do you have ABS?
Does the Tundra brake rotors/calipers fit properly on your tacoma brackets?

Check to make sure your calipers are right-side-up and the bleeders are at the top.

What exactly is a motive bleeder?? I would get a friend and bleed them the old fashioned way....
No the only things I have changed are the calipers, pads, rotors and all the brake lines. No ABS, and everything fits fine. All the components are right side up and facing facing all the right way.

Motive Power Bleeder.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sounds like the front right caliper is not actuating? Jack up the front right tire off the ground. Spin the wheel , apply brakes and see if it stops. Tire stop not caliper, tire keep spinning caliper pisten frozen?
Apply brakes, loosen bleed nut, see if fluid squirts out?
Air in right side caliper, system spungy pedel with some pulling left?
Just a couple of ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the ideas. I went straight forward and just replaced the new caliper and it is on. I'm going to re-bleed the brakes and try it again and hope it works.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New caliper are on. Bled the brakes again and the passenger side will not bleed. I jacked up the truck and pressed the pedal while spinning the tire and it stopped. But I can not get it to bleed. Every other side will bleed but the passenger front. Anything else I can try?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did you try opening the bleeder and lightly pressing the pedal to see it fluid comes out? Don't know about the motive power bleeder. Does it pressurise the system or suck from the bleeder? Does it still pull wtih the new caliper?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
New caliper are on. Bled the brakes again and the passenger side will not bleed. I jacked up the truck and pressed the pedal while spinning the tire and it stopped. But I can not get it to bleed. Every other side will bleed but the passenger front. Anything else I can try?
Go back one fitting at a time and see which one will bleed and then move forward from that?
Check for bant/kinked lines?
I was always taught and believe that the buddy system is the best way to bleed.
Put your finger over the bleed port, loosen and try an feel if their is any pressure on you finger?

Remove the caliper, take off pads, insert a piece of wood approx 1/4" smaller than inside caliper. Step on brakes and see if piston actuates and the amount of stopping pressure (kind of)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did it the old fashion way and had my dad press the peddle while I open and close. A lot of air came out and they all bled that way. Took it for a test drive and it still pulls the the left when I stop. I am stuck.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Your above my abilities now, Have given you all I know? Sorry I can help more. Best of luck?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could the master cylender have anything to do with this problem? Like it said i did do the tundra upgrade. But other people have done with and it works just fine.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I don't think so?, because your only pulling to one side? Correct me if I'm wrong. The master has 1 line that drops down to a tee, that splits to the left and right front? Your not ABS?, so their should be a proportional valve? Let me go check my rig and maybe I can come up with something new? Your doing a convertion and that's a little out of my league. No one realy helping, so just trying to help. Have gotting Flammed and told off for not being a expert before? Know brakes desently?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Looked at mine and it's a pile of worms. I'm in left field, with a badmitten, waiting for a pass. Have you look at the FSM's in old tacoma's forum, first thread. Maybe some ideas with it? With time I can figure it out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's possible that the master cyl can't push enough fluid for everything. Never heard of the upgrade, but did you read anything about needing a new master? You might also check the rears. Maybe there is some air in the line back there and only one is really working. My rears get out of adjustment and the drivers side will lock up with moderate pressure sending me into a slide. It really get the tailgaters to back off... I just keep adjusting it back out every so often.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like your anology, but yes you are right. No ABS. I looked at the master cylinder and yes it does some crazy ass shit. I can follow the lines and from what your have described it is about right. FSM's what are those?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Field Service Manual. The book from Toyota. But that also pretty much answered his question.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guess ill try to see if it is stuck tomorrow and hopefully that is the problem. This is the second brake caliper on there today. I have looked at all the FSM related to brake troubleshooting and everything they say I have done. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Guess ill try to see if it is stuck tomorrow and hopefully that is the problem. This is the second brake caliper on there today. I have looked at all the FSM related to brake troubleshooting and everything they say I have done. Anyone else have any ideas?
Sorry I couldn't help more? Wish you the best of luck. If you can, Let me know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts