TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:xcrybaby: help, i'm poor and want a lift. lol. i have seen it on here before, but i don't remember what everyone said. i need new struts for my 'coma, and that will run me about 120 dollars. i was thinkin for that price, i could get the whole coilover set up off a tundra from a junk yard. would it work?? how much would it lift it?? i know i have to swap out the top plate. also, would coilovers from a trd tundra give any more lift than plain tundra coilovers?? any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind, i found it. it's on page two, and i looked right over it. lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i didn't find what i thought i would, i guess i should have read it first. do the tundra coilovers just bolt in?? if they fit, that is

·
Registered
668 Posts
my buddy used the tundra coils on his taco but you have to use the taco top plate... it gave him just under 2 inches of lift and rides really stiff...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. i think i can handle the stiffness. i live in northeastern arkansas, so it's pretty flat, i won't need to flex much. now, another question, if i did that, and i were to buy some spacers, would i buy them for a tundra or tacoma? thanks a lot.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Gad said:
thanks. i think i can handle the stiffness. i live in northeastern arkansas, so it's pretty flat, i won't need to flex much. now, another question, if i did that, and i were to buy some spacers, would i buy them for a tundra or tacoma? thanks a lot.
I wouldn't suggest going with a spacer, and the much stiffer tundra coils. The entire tundra assembly will not bolt up. Like you said. you need the top plate.

but to answer your question. If it's a preload spacer, tundra. if it's a top load spacer, tacoma. however I would highly recomend you not do that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because of the rough ride?? what if i didn't put a spacer, and just had the coilover?? anyways, it is possible though?? thanks a lot. :confused: :confused: :( :(

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Gad said:
because of the rough ride?? what if i didn't put a spacer, and just had the coilover?? anyways, it is possible though?? thanks a lot. :confused: :confused: :( :(
If you are getting 2" out of the coilover, why do you need more than that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a 2.7 and i put the v6 non trd coils with a cornfed 2.5 " spacer on. i got about 3.5" of lift initially and the ride was really stiff at first but it quickly lost .5" of lift and the coils are much softer now. i had a friend who put the tundra coils on and they were way too stiff and they never lost much stiffness with time. i would'nt put tundra coils on a 2.7, the coils are too stiff and the truck too light. IMHO. i'm sure over time the v6 coils on my truck with soften even more so for a 2.7 this is the way to go. maybe combine the v6 coils with 1.5" or 2" spacer for a lift that won't lose height over time.
BTW my inner cv boots are rubbing like hell now and i'm replacing them with some high angle cv boots from bajaconcepts in san diego. their boots were $32 each compared to $46 at offroadsolutions. we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i think my friend tried that too, but he said the front end didnt feel safe at all so he took the spacers off... plus he had a hell of a time trying to get them back on the truck... good thing he is a prerunner... haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts