TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will a tundra 7.5" front diff work in a taco?? Are they the same?? TIA.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes. They are the same part.

TacoCrazy said:
Will a tundra 7.5" front diff work in a taco?? Are they the same?? TIA.. :)
Yes. They are the same part.

41110-34261 $1,254.82 $0.00 $978.76
Front drive axle - Drive axles - Front axle - Axle assy
AXLE ASSY, Tacoma, w/Auto Disc-Diff, 4.10 Ratio - 4WD TWO PIECE HOUSING 2001 - 2004

41110-34261 $1,254.82 $0.00 $978.76
Front drive axle - Drive axles - Front axle - Axle assy
AXLE ASSY, Tundra, 3.4L, Manual Trans 2000 - 2004

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I to assume the 97' model Taco would also be the same? I have a buy on a Tundra diff if so. Thank you very much..

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Am I to assume the 97' model Taco would also be the same? I have a buy on a Tundra diff if so. Thank you very much..
Be careful if you have an ADD diff. The older ones were vacuum actuated, the newer ones are electric. I don't know the cutoff year.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have ADD, I wonder if I could put the internals from the electric Tundra diff in my vacuum Taco diff, or swap out the electric to my vacuum??

·
Registered
29 Posts
The differentials are essentially the same...

TacoCrazy said:
The differentials are essentially the same between 1995 and 2004 Tacomas, BUT the gear ratios are different. Toyota also switched to a different actuator design in the later models. You may have to reuse the actuator from your old differential. I'm not sure if the older Tundras used the same diff. Should be easy to check with a tape measure and some crawling under it.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as I can interchange actuators that's OK..The diff is from an 01' Tundra..The gear in it is the one I want so I'm good there..I just hate to get it and find out I can't use it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
I do have ADD, I wonder if I could put the internals from the electric Tundra diff in my vacuum Taco diff, or swap out the electric to my vacuum??
Well, you have the simple-to-work-on vacuum type actuator. Your setup just has two vacuum hoses, two wires for the 4wd light, and a breather. The newer ones have the breather, and a six conductor connector for the actuator motor, limit switches, etc. Coming up with a circuit to make it work properly is a bit of a pain. I made one for a guy who turned his prerunner into a 4wd, and it worked for awhile but was kinda flaky.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I really would rather just use my vacuum parts on the Tundra diff if possible..Just not sure..

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
tundra diff

TacoCrazy said:
Yeah, I really would rather just use my vacuum parts on the Tundra diff if possible..Just not sure..
some1 can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can just swap out the axle tube w/ the actuator on it, and that way you can use your vaccum actuator??? I think that's right, otherwise, I"ll just STFU. Peace, Wes

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be excellent if we can verify that..Thanks for the input and you don't have to STFU..LOL

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone else have any input on swapping the tube/actuator so we can use the vacuum vs. the electric?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts