TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to beef up the looks of my 05 D-Cab Tundra 2 wheel drive (tow rig) it is currently stock with air bags in the rear (helper bags). I have stock 20's so I will be going to an all terrain tire or trading out my wheels/tires to a different set.

who makes a decent lift for the front of the tundra? is it the same principle as a spacer lift for a taco?

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Same principle. Talk to ToyTec if you're looking for a spacer.

Minimum wheel on a 1st-gen is 16" diameter, same constraints as the Tacos...no black steel "rock crawler" rims cuz they'll hit the brake calipers. Most alloy wheels should work fine.

-Sean

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Same principle. Talk to ToyTec if you're looking for a spacer.

Minimum wheel on a 1st-gen is 16" diameter, same constraints as the Tacos...no black steel "rock crawler" rims cuz they'll hit the brake calipers. Most alloy wheels should work fine.

-Sean
ditto

·
Registered
327 Posts
If your looking to beef it up, keep it having good road manners, and not have the shitty ride of a spacer, go with some bil 5100 adjustables up front. I have mine set at 2.5'' on TRD coils and Alcan AAL and bil 5100's out back. Wheelers hooked me up with that setup for 450 shipped to my door. I paired the lift with 285/75 BFG All Terrains. That setup should help your rig look tougher, while still keeping road manners and towing to be done easily.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I also have the TRD Bilsteins struts and rear shocks floating around if your interested

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
what all ya got?
Mental survey sez a pair of 2.0x8" SAWs and a CanBack. OTOH that's the big stuff, might be more, and I dunno yet if I wanna sell the CanBack because I haven't decided if I'm gonna completely ditch the bed or not.

The SAWs were rebuilt shortly before I took them off the truck...new shafts, seals, oil, guides, etc...they need either an internal limiting block (Camburg) or a limit strap. I ran 'em with uniball upper arms for about five years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts