TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a LSD third member out of a 04 Tundra to put in a 96 T100. First of all the part has about 60K miles on it and second it requires shipping from California to West Virginia. It is still in the axle assembly so how much is a reasonable offer on a part like this? I know LSD for a 8.4 rear end is about 500 bucks new on Ebay, haven't compared anywhere else, but just looking for opinions. Also, what gear ratio might the third member be?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not buying the whole axle, just the third member.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure which it is... I have not exactly asked yet. What would be the difference?

·
Registered
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Eaton one is the stronger of the two and is $499.00 new...

http://stores.ebay.com/Just-Differentials/_i.html?_fsub=15800658&_sc=1&_sop=1

I have a complete "stock" Lsd diff for 1/2 that much If You want that.

The ratio are usually 3:70 or 3:90
Ya, the Eaton is the one I was referring to on Ebay. I already have one I am looking at and I might just offer him 100 or something and see what he says. He stated in his ad he just needed the axle gone and wouldn't refuse reasonable offers. It looks like it may be a "stock" axle but hard to tell when it isn't on a truck, but it looks like it has a more stock wheel on it. Now I don't do any major offroading this is more just a feel good thing for me and if I use the 2wd T100 chassis on this other T100 I am going to rebuild I feel better with LSD lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I appreciate the offer, I will let you know if I need it. I already responded to the ad the other day so I kinda commited myself to that one first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jomementum's should still be available, although my other deal fell thru an LSD is probably last on the list to buy for my 2wd which won't even be drivable until spring/summer LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts