TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
4x4, some have experienced up to 17 at best.

4x2 I've read someone getting 21 at best.

If you don't mind checking out tundrasolutions.com, there's a thread about what members have experienced.

My best is about 15-16 when stock, I'm now getting 12-13 at best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dyogim said:
4x4, some have experienced up to 17 at best.

4x2 I've read someone getting 21 at best.

If you don't mind checking out tundrasolutions.com, there's a thread about what members have experienced.

My best is about 15-16 when stock, I'm now getting 12-13 at best.
I could live with 15. Thats about what my Grand Cherokee gets. I think the wifes Tacoma is getting 12 with 33's and stock gears.

·
Registered
485 Posts
roostonu said:
I think the wifes Tacoma is getting 12 with 33's and stock gears.
:eek: Good grief! have you double checked that? I had 1990 SAS Toyota Xtra Cab with a 4.3 Vortec motor and 36's that got 14 mpg!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAStoy said:
:eek: Good grief! have you double checked that? I had 1990 SAS Toyota Xtra Cab with a 4.3 Vortec motor and 36's that got 14 mpg!
That's an average and there is a lot of around town driving on that.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
The best mine has ever done is about 16. I put some 265/75's on it and it dropped to about 15. Lately it has been doing about 13.5 because I have been making almost exclusively short trips in town. When I tow the Heep, I can get as good as 10 if I keep it under 70 MPH, but I did manage to get 6.7 on one tank when I was hauling ass pretty good with the trailer behind it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock 4x4, I get 12 in town with mild to spirited driving...on the feeway she gets 17-18 no sweat. I didnt buy this truck for the mileage, so im not too worried about it. #s seem normal anyways

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I strayed from the Tundra a bit. I ended up buying a 2003 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 7.3L PS FX-4 w/48k on it. Black leather Captains chairs and all. It gets 20 mpg on average. My wife still has the Tacoma. The F250 has the Bigger intake and 4" exhaust already on it, but other than that I think I'll leave it stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
stock tire size on a 4wd I would be almost empty at 380 miles total tank. the tank is 26.2* (Ive had topped off at close to 27 once). With an s/c no change, 285's your looking at 330-340 tops with no calibration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts