TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rock Vapor
170 Posts
You can go with standard BS which is 4.5" You should use 8" wheels with 33 (285/75) tho.

You will be likely to get some rubbing at full turn with suspension compresson only. You could go with a 3 5/8" BS, but then you will rub at the pinch weld of the fender instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
JHMphoto said:
Looking for pics of Tundras on 33s and Coilovers. Also wondering how the backspacing on stock rims work with that combo. Rubbing, etc..

Thanks!
The green Tundra on our website at www.CornfedSuspension.com is on 285/75r16's or a 33x10.5 (roughly) tire. This truck was on one of our 2.5" kits which lift the front 2.5" and rear 1.25" and it ran 16x8 rims with 4" backspacing and cleared completely except on the hardest bumps when turned tight it would rub the back of the fenderwell (so lightly though that you couldn't hear it). I can send some more pics of this size setup to you via email if you'd like.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
did you regear after you installed the 285's? I just put in 265 /75/16 BFG AT's. Whne i lift it i give these tires and rims to my dad for his Tundra. I tow often, thats why i am asking.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
trd2001 said:
did you regear after you installed the 285's? I just put in 265 /75/16 BFG AT's. Whne i lift it i give these tires and rims to my dad for his Tundra. I tow often, thats why i am asking.
I didn't regear at all. I had the 3.91 ratio. Another tundra owner changed his to 4.3's because he tows quite a bit and I believe running 285-75-16's.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I am running 265/75's on Kings at 2" in the front, and a Wheelers 1 1/2" AAL in the rear. I can't imagine clearing 285/75's at this lift height with the big giant fender flares.

The 3% increase in diameter from the 265/70's has screwed up the shift points in town [converter lock-up in particular], and certainly doesn't help towing of the Heep.

4.10's would put me just barely lower than stock, but I am looking for some good used factory Toy 4.30's for towing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Here is a picture of mine before I did my SAS, I was running Team West coilovers cranked up to about 3-1/2" and also had Total Chaos upper arms. I was running 285x75x16's on 16"x8" rims that had 3-5/8" B.S. I had to grind the pinch weld down so the tires would clear at full compression (you will also have to trim the lower corners of the front bumper if yours is stock). I have plenty of pictures if you need any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts