TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen that kyle has a tundra and was wondering if any of you others have one and how does it do towing your rig.....

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
My tundra goes great for towing my rig, the only thing that I don't like is the heavy wind since it's a fairly light truck as well. Make sure you get a large cooler for the trans and trailer brakes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, how about towing to tellico, uphills...is it a dog??? does the larger cooler void the warranty?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Not a dog at all. Will not that I know of unless you blow the tranny and they can find valid reason that the cooler caused the problem.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is yor trailer a regular steel/wood 16' trailer or is it one of those light aluminum trailers? sorry for all the q's....i'm just debating between an f150 with 300hp 5.4 or the tundra 4.7 with 247(i think?}HP

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
It's a 16ft steel framed/wood deck. It's on the light end at 1580lbs.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
88yota said:
can't afford the new one....plus, i don't like the looks of it.
ya its kind of ugly:( but still a BIG BOSS!!lol

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I've towed with a tandem axle through ATL traffic up to Dawsonville. Not many hills I know, but stopping and going along with the stretches of "on your makr, get set, go" driving it did great. The trailer was really too big for what I needed but I couldn't have cared less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts