TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have their 22RE tuned after after Cam, header, intake and exhaust install? Does the stock ECU accomodate all these mods? I have all of these done and it seems like it should have a little more power.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Did ya port the head? Work on timing? If you change it from stock you could get a little. I wouldn't expect much. I did the same thing and it ran better but not great. Gears are what you need for the smaller engines.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the head isnt ported and i guess the timing could be advanced a little. Its really lopy at idle, i am running 5.29's for gears with 35" tires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes the ECU can handel those mods. Basically you have more air coming in, but there is still a choke point at the throttle body and only so much air can pass through. So your not getting the full benefit without a bigger thottle body and AFM on the intake side.

The cam really does not add power, it just moves the power band around depending on what type of cam you have.

Exhaust is a mute point if you don't have bigger valves to allow for more air, which is again going back to your AFM and throttle body.

To do it right, a lot of money has to be spent. Not worth it on a 22re, but this is how you do it.

Supra AFM
ISR mod on intake tubing to throttle body
Bored out throttle body, need to have a slight TPS change.
Preformance head (ported and polished, cam, larger valves, stiffer springs, higher oil capacity rocker arms)
Header
High flow cat
2 1/4 inch ehaust

After doing all that, you might get an extra 10hp for the $4k invested. Again not worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts