TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Don't see why you couldn't wheel it because of the turbo but those look to be some pretty huge lift blocks in the rear.
Jeez all that money for a turbo and he can't even get the piece of shit to hook up. Why fucking bother?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The big wheels and small tires makes it look like a polished turd. I guess he needs the turbo for the extra boost to jump the curbs. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
I can't imagine the wheel hop on that thing. I wonder how long it will take to break a lift block or a leaf spring.

I also wonder what the manifold is made of. The flange doesn't look very thick, and the down pipe seems to be made from exaust tube. If this is the case it won't last long before it warps or cracks.

The hole in the fender well to let the down pipe out is one raggedy ass cut. The pipe is right on the brake lines, so I hope he can stop after driving for awhile. Routing could have been done better.

All in all I would say that it looks like shit, and I wouldn't want it on my vehicles.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
nation said:
why,i made over 430hp to the wheels on my 2.0L
Sorry, I didn't elaborate. From the list he posted on the other forum, I didn't see how they could get that much HP from what they added. I hope they have a ton of fuel mods to go with all that hot air they are forcing in there. Then its just a matter of time before they blow the engine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
ShowStop said:
Sorry, I didn't elaborate. From the list he posted on the other forum, I didn't see how they could get that much HP from what they added. I hope they have a ton of fuel mods to go with all that hot air they are forcing in there. Then its just a matter of time before they blow the engine.
It would be pointles to do all of that without fuel mods, it wouldnot even make it to the dyno if it didn't.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks to me like he just needs some custom rear spring packs and he has the makings for a nice wheeler. Kudo's for the effort...

·
Registered
444 Posts
direct quote from one of the posters in the above forum about 4cyl...
"I've seen em, but never checked out the engine bay. Everyone I help with their truck has a v6 tacoma (IMO a 4 cyl belongs in a 2wd mini, not a 4x4)"

ainokea shakes his head in disbelief covering his face with both hands. :eek:

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
ainokea said:
direct quote from one of the posters in the above forum about 4cyl...
"I've seen em, but never checked out the engine bay. Everyone I help with their truck has a v6 tacoma (IMO a 4 cyl belongs in a 2wd mini, not a 4x4)"

ainokea shakes his head in disbelief covering his face with both hands. :eek:
When your off-road, it isn't always about how much HP you have. More about what you can do with it. But if you play in the mud all the time, then you definately want all the HP you can get.

·
Banned
966 Posts
ShowStop said:
400 rwhp from the 2.7L engine? Sounds a bit in the dream world to me.
very doable, but requires at minumum a special head gasket, head studs, fuel upgrades, and some fuel/timing controls. at 400hp he would need to be running ~20psi on that turbo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts