TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a cheap bastard and dont want to pay the 30 bucks for turbotax software, does anyone have a promotional code?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I used Turbotax about a week ago. Paid $16, did it all online, and got my return direct deposited into my account yesterday. Could not possibly have been any easier or convenient! :clap:

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
if you make less than 52000 a year, you can go to IRS.GOV and select free file and you can pick a software to use to file your taxes, free of charge.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
travisheals said:
I used Turbotax about a week ago. Paid $16, did it all online, and got my return direct deposited into my account yesterday. Could not possibly have been any easier or convenient! :clap:
unless you went to taxact or H&R block and only paid 9.95 lol!!!

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I use my Turbotax for the whole family (Cindy, our son and me).
last year I had to pay big time to the feds :( But this year they get to pay me :)

Oh yeah, back to your question, nope on the promotional code.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
TEJASYOTA said:
I use my Turbotax for the whole family (Cindy, our son and me).
last year I had to pay big time to the feds :( But this year they get to GIVE ME MY OWN MONEY BACK :)

Oh yeah, back to your question, nope on the promotional code.
There fixed it for you

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
if you make less than 52000 a year, you can go to IRS.GOV and select free file and you can pick a software to use to file your taxes, free of charge.

Well damn. Tax time pisses me off every year. Don't get me wrong, with the house, the baby, child care expenses and stuff were gonna get SOMETHING back, but the amount we pay vs the amount we get returned SUCKS compared to those who don't make much. I know, I know, they don't make as much, but FUCK THAT, my wife and I bust our asses (like a lot of people) whiles others don't do shit and they get to have the big returns, medical care and other government provided things. I'm gonna quit my job and live off the system. Ok, no I'm not, but I just felt like bitching about this. End of rant.

I'm half way through filing our return (started late last night and didn't finish). So far we owe almost a grand. I haven't put in any of our deductions/credits yet, so I hope they amount to more than what we owe!!!

Oh, and Vince, here is a promotional code for you: :flipoff3:
I'm using TurboTax and I'm paying the 30 bucks, beeotch!! :D

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can afford to spend the 30 bucks since you havent spent any money on wheeling in the past year!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
you can afford to spend the 30 bucks since you havent spent any money on wheeling in the past year!

LMAO! Hey, it's been less than a year since National TO :D
Don't you get an automatic discount for being a cracka? LOL!!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
FYI, the cost of TurboTax is deductible if you itemize.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
no, i thought there was a wetback discount though?
Haha, if there is I didn't see it on the list of possible deductions :D

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Murderman said:
FYI, the cost of TurboTax is deductible if you itemize.
Depends on your overall deductables you claim. SOmetimes it will not take it.

I submitted my taxes yesterday night and received an email that the IRS has accepted it! (is that a good thing???).
Well, if all goes well, in about 2 wks - max, I will have my money.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
We will owe again this year; I'd rather write a check on 15 April than let the IRS earn interest on MY money all year long. A refund is not "free money", it is fiscal irresponsibility.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
14 Participants
BurntOrngeLonghorn
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing