TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my LED turn signals on my front bumper and after a handful of months of listening it run super fast.
I gotten tired of it and looked into slowing it down.
Yes I know about the RELAY modification, but I did not want to go down that route.
So a quick check on the inter-web and I found that there was a relay replacement that will work with LEDs!
Here is my write up.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2393316&postcount=51

$13 and 15 mins later… all done. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year toyota and will it also work on my 2000 PreRunner I have the same problem after I installed a off road bumper on my Tacoma. All info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts

$13 and 15 mins later… all done. :D
I stumbled across one of these a few months ago. Maybe 5 years ago I'd put LEDs in my front bumper. Saw a mod where you'd convert an old style relay (fat round one) to work in place of the square electronic one. Problem was the round peg wouldn't fit in the square hole on the fuse box so you needed several small jumper wires to connect it. Thing never did work right so I just lived with the fast flashing.

Today LED signals are pretty common so I was glad to find a relay like the one in the picture that'll work with em.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year toyota and will it also work on my 2000 PreRunner I have the same problem after I installed a off road bumper on my Tacoma. All info will be appreciated.
My rig is in my SIG :rolleyes:

As to if it will work for your 2K00 PreRunner.
The factory relay for the turn signals (pn 81980-AC030) is listed for use on all 1st GEN Tacos.

REMEMBER this is for the Rectangular shaped relays…. not the cylindrical version.

Is this essentially bypassing the warning like the mod? Just no fiddling with the original relay?
COrrect! - - plug and play.

Note the "clicking" noise is a lot less (due to the lower amperage draw across the switch, due to the LEDs).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice work on figuring out the relay needed, went out and did this today to fix the blinkers on my 98.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Meh, I just cut the "burnt bulb" trace on the stock relay. Takes just as long to swap out to a new one, and it's free, and stupidly easy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts