TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread sucked so I made a new one...

This is all you get for now...more updates will come in early March. Discuss :)

Total Chaos 9" Shackle above the frame w/ 62" Deaver springs...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Tweeter said:
The other thread sucked so I made a new one...
This is all you get for now...more updates will come in early March. Discuss :)
Total Chaos 9" Shackle above the frame w/ 62" Deaver springs...
I likey, just showing a lil shackle huh, leaving the rest to the imagination, hmmmmm
Am I the noob who's not to make jokes? Screw u guys, i'm going home. :D

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happysmiley said:
I likey, just showing a lil shackle huh, leaving the rest to the imagination, hmmmmm
Am I the noob who's not to make jokes? Screw u guys, i'm going home. :D
:D it's not dirt ready so if there's any other pics it will be on pavement...sits pretty mean I can get some measurements in later...as for proving its 9" I can go snap a couple pics I suppose...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Animal said:
Wow... you threw yer springs under the axle... Hmmm...!! you didn't want to sit like a Hot Rod!! :p
I could have with the 12.5" arch but decided against it

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GreenTaco said:
Looks good Tweeter, you going to add more gussets to the shackle mount on the frame?
Can't tell from the pics but it's plated up pretty damn stout. Tonelli used to work at Camburg and the other guy has worked at a few reputable shops, I got it covered ;)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's what the bedcage design will be based off of (Mazzulla Chevy)

Just add a couple dust lights and antenna mounts and that's going to be about it right there :)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Animal said:
Daaayum Dave...Your truck is gonna look sweet!! :kewl:

When is all this going to be completed? (estimated date)
Sometime in May, just after the April trip (dammit!) I'll be running 18" Fox's in the rear w/ 4" Fox air bumps.

Other mods that are going down is a new front bumper, rear glass (maybe) 33" BFG's (baja t/a's or A/T's), trussed Tundra rear axle, Art Carr gate shifter, Hella 4000's, and maybe a dual battery set-up, still throwing some ideas around. You know...the usual :p

The cage will be 1 3/4" DOM so it will match the cab/engine cage and the front bumper is mild...it will never work!!! :p

Hahaha just livin' the dream!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AllJumpStyle said:
Just curious, how much travel are you getting? From what I understand, using the 9 inchers above the frame simply limits your maximum achievable wheel travel. I'd be surprised if you could actually get 18". It will never work. :D
Watch and learn son...oh and I forgot to say these aren't 62's for a Tacoma...hahaha whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Geez Dave, first the black TC arms, now 9" shackles above the frame, and allegedly a trussed Tundra axle - what's next, paint your truck all white and change your screen name to Baja Belk??? :flipoff1:

But seriously send me pics of the shackle/frame mount. Right now it looks exaclty like I had it at first which ripped out of the frame shortly thereafter. I would definitely do some support that goes over the pivot mount somehow.

Art Carr shifter, Tundy axle, cage, dual bats.... I'll believe it when I see it ;)

I still don't know why you want to go with the Mazzula cage. Completely eliminates all bed space. There's way better designs out there. (Especially with a Tundy axle.... (hint hint :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Baja Belk said:
Geez Dave, first the black TC arms, now 9" shackles above the frame, and allegedly a trussed Tundra axle - what's next, paint your truck all white and change your screen name to Baja Belk??? :flipoff1:

But seriously send me pics of the shackle/frame mount. Right now it looks exaclty like I had it at first which ripped out of the frame shortly thereafter. I would definitely do some support that goes over the pivot mount somehow.

Art Carr shifter, Tundy axle, cage, dual bats.... I'll believe it when I see it ;)

I still don't know why you want to go with the Mazzula cage. Completely eliminates all bed space. There's way better designs out there. (Especially with a Tundy axle.... (hint hint :rolleyes: )
I know, I'm really debating on just going through the frame just for peace of mind...I probably will...

Yea I think I'm going to paint my truck white...hahaha never!

I like the Mazzula cage mkay? And I'm not going to copy your bedcage cause that'd just be weird...

1 - 20 of 249 Posts
About this Discussion
248 Replies
52 Participants
Tweeter
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing