TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While removing the fuel inlet hose to get better access to the valve covers I slipped and twisted the fuel line a bit. I wouldn't call it a kink but a twist.

Replace? How hard for me to do myself? It seems hard to access all the areas to run the hard line. All suggestions welcome.

FWIW, it's not leaking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats are symptoms of restriction and will the truck throw a CEL?

What does it take to route a new fuel hard line?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
If I had to guess a lean code would come up if the line is restricting enough fuel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The twist looks like it pinched the line pretty good. What I would do is use a tubing cutter to cut it back to that bracket, reflare the line and make your own replacement mid segment to mate everything back up

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can do what Chris suggested if you want. I've replaced that line though. It runs to the fuel filter. It is a bit of a pain because you need to weave it along with two other hard lines, but it's doable. Didn't take me too long. You just have to be easy with it so it doesn't bent and you have to take the guides off the chassis.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mario - Did you remove anything to get better access?

Did you start from under the truck and then guide up to the engine bay or start from the engine bay and guide down to the filter?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry haven't looked at this post in a while.

There are a number of guides that attach to the chassis. If I can remember correctly there are three sets and they guide three hard line, one being the fuel line. I pooped the guides out then started from the engine bay. I had to twist and angle the line every which way, but it eventually fit. I then put the guides back after tightening the engine and fuel filter ends.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mario... Dealership quoted $38 for the part. I think Ive got access to 2 of the clips from the fender well and then the other Ill need to access from inside the cab under the carpet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up the part this morning and plan to swap this afternoon. It looks like the front 2 guides can be removed by a nut and bolt.

The rear guides are on bolts welded to the cab. Did you just use a screwdriver to hold the plastic clips down and pull it off the bolt? Ill take a picture later.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm pretty sure the clip you have a picture of is a one time use item since it's plastic.

I just used a screwdriver to finagle the guides a little then pulled the guide off the bolt with my hands. There are two like that right? Even though I think they're a one time use thing, mine went back on fine. They are a slight bit looser, but still hold onto the bolt fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mario this is crazy. I took off all the guides and there is no way i can fit this line back in without moving all the other hard lines. Too many bends to even work it back into place.

Did you remove the other fuel lines???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is what Im faced with... The picture is from the driver side wheel well. Fuel lines on the right including the main line im trying to replace (you can see the coupler)

Steering column and hard brake lines on the left. This is the tightest area where the main line gets caught. Anybody have advice on what to remove to get better access?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts