TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With me planing for National TO I started to think has anyone put a date & location for TX TO ???? I would like to know so ican do more planning (not that i'm going to wheel going poser for awhile) but i would like to know my $$$ situiation so i can plan..

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
With me planing for National TO I started to think has anyone put a date & location for TX TO ???? I would like to know so ican do more planning (not that i'm going to wheel going poser for awhile) but i would like to know my $$$ situiation so i can plan..
It's going to be next weekend at your apartment. :)

Just kidding. We're been doing some light discussion about this. Nothing has been set in stone yet. When we know, you will all know.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
It is in Carlos' hands. Shane and Randy decided to close the park as scheduled for the summer.

I suggested Long Ranch, since it is near Katemcy and the owner was very excited about us coming down. That way it would still leave the annual BMRA Halloween run interesting vs. going to BMRA twice.

Just my opinion....
u got my vote for longs ranch for txto.. it is sorta close about 3 and half hour drive. looks interesting from the photos but doesnt say much else

I like that night wheeling is allowed per management approval first.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have heard good things about Long Ranch, and I only think there are three options in texas for a TO, Long Ranch, K-rocks, and BMRA.

I think Long Ranch would be an awesome thing.

·
Old School
938 Posts
When ??

My main question is when is this planned ?? I would like to go, just depends on how close to delivery time it is (of my new son that is :) ). I plan to get my taco fixed in the next month. Hope to get a wrench-a-thon going ;)

Later...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I know this is TEXAS takeover but why not have it at the Superlift park in Arkansas. That park had a lot of trails and was real nice.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It is in Carlos' hands. Shane and Randy decided to close the park as scheduled for the summer.

I suggested Long Ranch, since it is near Katemcy and the owner was very excited about us coming down. That way it would still leave the annual BMRA Halloween run interesting vs. going to BMRA twice.

Just my opinion....
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt texas takeover always on halloween and it just happened to be at bmra the past couple of years?

·
Old School
938 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt texas takeover always on halloween and it just happened to be at bmra the past couple of years?
Not always, maybe just the last couple times. Would be nice to move it around, that was the plan originally. I came up with the idea to get as many Texas members together for at least one run a year. Have it in different parts of the state so that everyone at somepoint would be able to make it to the event. Personally I think Longs Ranch would be good. I have never been there. As for when it happens, I think the fall season seems to get picked since it is cooler and becasue we never seem to get this event planned before the summer comes and it gets hot ;)

I plan to try and make it where ever it is. I have been needing some new stuff for the Taco ;) hehehe, I am due to win something again...

Later all...

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Not Always
Previous TX TO's were late in the summer / early fall
Basically, it was spaced to give some time after Natl TO-
The past couple of years it merged with the previously separate Haloween Run @ BMRA-

- Either the 03 or 04 TX TO was held at Katemcy -
FOr many it was a longer drive, less managed by the owners -

There is a certain comfort/familiarity with BMRA, while at the same time- the trails have changed enough/ increased in difficulty.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not Always
Previous TX TO's were late in the summer / early fall
Basically, it was spaced to give some time after Natl TO-
The past couple of years it merged with the previously separate Haloween Run @ BMRA-

- Either the 03 or 04 TX TO was held at Katemcy -
FOr many it was a longer drive, less managed by the owners -

There is a certain comfort/familiarity with BMRA, while at the same time- the trails have changed enough/ increased in difficulty.
gotcha. national takeover is the first week of august. txto around that time will put them right on top of each other. although, i dont think many plan on attending national so that may be irrelevant.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I figured that since the last T/O that wasn't at BMRA was 2004, it might be nice to switch it up a bit.

2003 was fall at BMRA
2004 was August at Katemcy
2005 was Halloween at BMRA
2006 was Halloween at BMRA

My thoughts:

I would like to see three Texas-wide TTORA wheeling trips a year:
1. Spring at BMRA (last one was 2004 IIRC, then the Spring Break Beach Beer fest took over)
2. Summer in the Central Region- I think Long Ranch will be better because the Llano River offers swimming. :)
3. The Halloween Run always provides great weather

The trick is to not interfere with the other 4 major events:
January: Lone Star Toyota Jamboree (BMRA)
March: Lone Star Round-Up (Katemcy)
Mid-Late July/Early August: TTORA National Takeover
September: ICBM (BMRA)

Quite frankly, and with all due respect to everyone involved, and recognizing their busy lives, I think one of the major problems is simply not having anyone on this forum in an 'event leadership/organizational role'... someone willing to put together a few events.

I nominate you, Harold. :D

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Quite frankly, and with all due respect to everyone involved, and recognizing their busy lives, I think one of the major problems is simply not having anyone on this forum in an 'event leadership/organizational role'... someone willing to put together a few events.

I nominate you, Harold. :D
lol, I wouldn't mind volunteering for that. :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would like to see a run at Long also. I need to know what date though. the first weekend of the month is usually shot for me since I have National guard obligations. Other than that I need to get my Arse out there wheeling again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts