TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

We're in the process of moving the txttora.com website to a new site, so you may see some bumps here an there as we button up the details and IPs addresses and stuff.

If it looks like txttora.com is down feel free to PM me.

You can also try to do a DNS flush in Windows by going to Start > Run > and enter "ipconfig /flushdns".

After all this is finished you should see a new site soon (by March 1st)!

Please note, this does not affect the forum as that is hosted by the national site, ttora.com.

A big thanks to Chris Gray aka MadMav for his years of dedicated time and support!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Thx!

A big thanks to Chris Gray aka MadMav for his years of dedicated time and support!
First off thank you for job well done Chris on the build, continued support, and maintenance towards txttora.com. Wes is driving the boat on this one as far as data transfer and images go. He'll get with you on how to transfer the info.

Thanks Again!

Wes is currently building the new site and keep in mind it is a WIP as he is building it at his leisure out of free will. The initial site will have the basics and it might have some down times, but that would be becuase of the changes and improvements Wes will be making. We have huge plans on the site for it to be a little bit more interactive for all users and guests.

I believe all should happen within the next few days. We will be responsible for server fees and domain fee I believe. We are going to need your help with the build and maintain the site running. Every little bit helps.

THX ya'll!

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is the whole structure going to change?

Edit: I guess I should just wait to see what it looks like:D
The plan is that it will do everything it currently does and more, but for the next few weeks there will be some missing functionality:

1) the photo gallery will be gone (doesn't work currently anyway)
The photo gallery will be replaced, but we didn't feel it was needed for the move to happen. This replacement will happen soon (couple months?). I will be getting all of the old photos from Chris and we will be posting and sorting out who they belong to when the new gallery comes online.

2) members list and member login to txttora.com site--NOT the forum (this login is only required for calendar additions and the photo gallery)

We plan on bringing these back soon!

Changes that you will see immediately:

1) We're replacing the calendar with a google calendar, but for a while only certain managers will have access to add/remove events. This will change soon hopefully.

2) Ability to edit pages (CMS=Content Management System); this is being replaced and will provide similar ability for managers (Jose, VPs, etc.) to edit any page on-the-fly without having to involve a webmaster. This is similar to what Chris gave us.

3) New look and feel: we're still not completely done with this so the forum will probably look the same for a while, but the txttora.com site will have a new look and feel. This could completely change on a whim as we're currently trying to find a good theme :D

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Sweet, glad you guys are able to retain the photo gallery. Let me know if you need any halp.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Good luck on the transfer and I can't wait to see the new version!

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can see it now. Nothing fancy yet, just a copy of the old site content with slightly changed graphics.

http://texasttora.com

Once the transfer goes through on txttora.com, it will redirect to texasttora.com.

We're working on a new style specifically made for the site. The one that we're using now is just leftovers from the WFTW flier... although I do like the colors.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Far So Good......Keep up the good work :)

Will the new website keep Purity's post count at permanent ZERO ??? :p

If I can find a way, then yes. :D

In fact, I can make a webpage dedicated to purity's postcount. It will be a simple page. Just a big 0 in the middle.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. It just doesnt seem like its been 5 years since I took on the website duties.

Thanks to Wes for picking up the ball and running. I just dont seem to have the time I once did. The website is in much better hands now. Look forward to the future in what Wes can bring to the table.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The switch has happened!

Looks like the txttora.com is now redirecting to texasttora.com.

The move is complete.

Look for more changes coming soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
nastynate
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing