TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a pretty basic bed cage made.now im not trying to be a poser.i plan on one main hoop and 2 lead offs that will run just passed the wheel wheel hump.now whats the best way to tie it to the frame.cut a 2" hole and run it through the bed then back to the frame or make some sort of reinforced bracket to weld it to that comes off the frame?
some thing like this

i later plan on tying my sliders to it for a exo when i get that far

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you are over thinking it, jsut cut a hole in the bed, or put the tube to a bracket and bolt that to another tube with plate on the other side connected to the the frame.... where tube touches something, put a plate....

·
Registered
532 Posts
i have a plate on each side of the bed that bolt to each other. the top plate is welded to the bedcage, the underside plate is welded to a tube that welds to the slider leg. the rear of the bedcage is just sandwiched plated to the bed. a frame connection in the rear would of required a sort of angle bracket or bent tube. tying the rear seemed unecessary at the time and proved to be so on the trail. stability on the trail, especially offcamber, is rock solid with the bedcage tied only to the frame in the front. sandwich plates in the rear was sufficient. this setup allows the bedcage to still be completely removable and you dont have to put a 2" hole through your bed. just some bolt holes.

i will snap some pics later on today if you need to see what im talking about.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a plate on each side of the bed that bolt to each other. the top plate is welded to the bedcage, the underside plate is welded to a tube that welds to the slider leg. the rear of the bedcage is just sandwiched plated to the bed. a frame connection in the rear would of required a sort of angle bracket or bent tube. tying the rear seemed unecessary at the time and proved to be so on the trail. stability on the trail, especially offcamber, is rock solid with the bedcage tied only to the frame in the front. sandwich plates in the rear was sufficient. this setup allows the bedcage to still be completely removable and you dont have to put a 2" hole through your bed. just some bolt holes.

i will snap some pics later on today if you need to see what im talking about.
do you have any current pics?i would like to show the shop a pic so theres no guess work involved/

·
Registered
532 Posts
do you have any current pics?i would like to show the shop a pic so theres no guess work involved/
here is the front mount plate on the top side of the bed. it bolts through the bed to another mount and plate below.

this is the front mount under the bed. it bolts through the bed connecting it the mount plate on the topside and the bedcage.

the underside mounting plate is bolted to the bedcage and is welded to the leg of the slider, tying it to the frame.

the rear of the bed cage is just a mounting plate bolted on top.

and a mounting plate bolted on the underside so that the plates sandwich the bed in between.

the whole cage.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is the front mount plate on the top side of the bed. it bolts through the bed to another mount and plate below.

this is the front mount under the bed. it bolts through the bed connecting it the mount plate on the topside and the bedcage.

the underside mounting plate is bolted to the bedcage and is welded to the leg of the slider, tying it to the frame.

the rear of the bed cage is just a mounting plate bolted on top.

and a mounting plate bolted on the underside so that the plates sandwich the bed in between.

the whole cage.
would you mind if i used your pics to show the fab guy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts