TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm finally going to have some money from my tax return to do the first mods to my truck! I'm gonna get the OME 884 coils and a Deaver 10-Leaf rear pack. From all the searching I have been doing, this should level my truck or come close to it with 2.5" up front with 1/4" spacers and 1.5" with the Deavers in the rear. My question is, can I do the U-bolt flip with my new leaf pack and stock components or do I need new components to do this flip kit. Or is it even possible on the 05+ Tacomas? I'm very excited about lifting my truck. Next on my agenda is rims and tires!

Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I haven't seen the axle for the +05 but I would assume it is like other tacomas with the lower shock mount being attched to the u-bolt plate. If this is the case then you will be able to do the flip pretty easy. you just either need to get a flip kit with the shock mount attached(sorry non come to mind right now) or weld on shock tabs.

·
Registered
796 Posts
While flipping the U-bolts (with kit) is supper easy, getting your shocks set up right can be more challenging. You will definitely need to come up with some new lower mounts at minimum as a U-bolt flip will elliminate your stock lower mounts. Do your searching so you can get it right the 1st (or 2nd) time and limit your grief.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nope, the lower shock mount is welded to the axle tube on the 05-07 models. Call Wheelers for the u-bolt flip info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts