1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If I can find the box from the ones I just bought I will look nd see what number they were....for some reason 287 is stuck in my head.

Have you considered a one piece rear shaft like I have to ditch the center bearing? After hearinf jed talk about how often his gets trashed it seems like the way to go.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
99TanTaco said:
I will have to try to find the box for the one I bought in Wellsville. But it looks right.

Full_Tilt_Fud said:
Have you considered a one piece rear shaft like I have to ditch the center bearing? After hearinf jed talk about how often his gets trashed it seems like the way to go.
I've only had to replace it twice since I've had the truck. And both times has been in the last year. Like Pete has said, I think my drive shaft is bent and that is what is trashing it.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I see, I thought the way you made it sound you had replaced it several times. Sounds like you need some sch. 40 pipe:D

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
Sounds like you need some sch. 40 pipe:D
Exactly

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
99TanTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing