TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 V6 xcab Tacoma that came with 2005 Tacoma alloy rims. I recently mounted Cooper Discoverer STT 265/75/16's & Camburg 2.5 C/O's. I'm now experiencing tire rub on just the UCA's. I really don't want to run spacers, but might have to.
Does anyone know if their is a 16" rim with the correct backspacing I need that will fit the 04' Tacoma, Steelies ok. I'll try contact Wheelers in the meantime.
Thanks gang!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I would find out the current backspacing on those rims and go off of that...

·
Registered
668 Posts
2005 backspace is like 5 inches... 01-04 is 4.5 inches, so yah, them suckers will rub on the UCA like crazy... you will either be stuck with wheel spacers or look into some type b wheels from wheelers...

·
Registered
718 Posts
i think the bs on stock rims for the 04 is 4", and its the same for the wheelers rims as well. the advantage with the wheelers rims is they are an inch wider than stock, so you move the center of the rim out away from the UCAs thus moving the tire away from the UCA as well. if i where you i would ditch the 05 rims and get some rims that have less bs on them.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I own a 2004 V6 xcab Tacoma that came with 2005 Tacoma alloy rims. I recently mounted Cooper Discoverer STT 265/75/16's & Camburg 2.5 C/O's. I'm now experiencing tire rub on just the UCA's. I really don't want to run spacers, but might have to.
Does anyone know if their is a 16" rim with the correct backspacing I need that will fit the 04' Tacoma, Steelies ok. I'll try contact Wheelers in the meantime.
Thanks gang!
those rims are the problem...5" bs for the '05 vs 4.5" on the earlier Tacos.
get different rims and go with at least a 4.0 bs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts