·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
598 Posts
funny coincidence

i just picked up today the "same" blower unit but for 120v.ac (dayton unit for my small paint booth in my basement (but i paid $52 for mine at Grainger)

the one on ebay is the 12v.dc model. these little guys can pump anywhere from 50-200cfm. maybe at WOT (and high rpm's) it works....???

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ive seen those before and once I saw this guy's website writeup of it who drove some car I think it was a porsche or something it was some small sporty car anyway he got one of them and had dyno tests on his site of before and after and it showed there was between a 0 to 2 hp gain if i remember right... Think about it, my old 22r needed somewhere around 280cfm and this thing puts out 50 to 200 maybe (they claim 1200) so for my v6 id guess it needs like 350 cfm maybe and i dont know alot about fluid dynamics or whatnot but i think they mean 1200cfm without backpressure?

Ill stop rambling but it would be cool if this thing were like bigger and more beleiveable, i could see a 2 horse motor turning a fan and i might beleive it..

·
Old Timer
266 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
joeylead said:
Check this POS out, I cant believe someone actually made this. And look, it doesnt come with the cheesy $1 air filter! What is funny is that I had a friend in high school once say he was going to do the same kind of thing. Now here it is, for sale on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948178493&category=33741&sspagename=WDVW
man, i need one...the only thing that chaps my a$$ is that the POS filter is not included...lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeti said:
Ive seen those before and once I saw this guy's website writeup of it who drove some car I think it was a porsche or something it was some small sporty car anyway he got one of them and had dyno tests on his site of before and after and it showed there was between a 0 to 2 hp gain if i remember right... Think about it, my old 22r needed somewhere around 280cfm and this thing puts out 50 to 200 maybe (they claim 1200) so for my v6 id guess it needs like 350 cfm maybe and i dont know alot about fluid dynamics or whatnot but i think they mean 1200cfm without backpressure?

Ill stop rambling but it would be cool if this thing were like bigger and more beleiveable, i could see a 2 horse motor turning a fan and i might beleive it..

yep. tried to sell it to Boxster owners. Not!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is so much stuff that doesnt make sense on that site. one being this" THIS CHARGER RUNS UP TO 1200 CFM THATS LIKE
ADDING 4-5 EXTRA THROTTLE BODIES TO YOUR ENGINE" well then lets just add 5 throttle bodies to our engine! lol I didnt know that adding a throttle body will gain you HP!??

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That thing looks like our blower motor on our boat that pumps the gas fumes out of the engine compartment so it doesn't blow up when you spark it. I would never trust that POS on my vehicle. Imageing if one of those dumb little plastic impeller pieces broke and sucked on down the engine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really need one of these especially if, "This is better than nitrous with no effects on the motor in any way." And the buy it now price is only $124.99

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
wow only 124.99? man i wasted too much money on my TRD charger, i should have picked up one of these

1 - 13 of 13 Posts