TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody looking at having their injectors tested and cleaned, I recently took mine out of my 22RE to Engine Logics in Houston. What I found very helpful was that they offered a 'while you wait' service. The cost is pretty reasonable, $25 bucks per injector while you wait...$18 bucks per injector for next day. You can even ship your injectors to them if you live out of the area. The website for their injector service is www.injectorrx.com

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Would you do this as maintenance or only if there was a problem?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You could do it for either depending how anal you are. It doesn't hurt depending on how hard your injectors are to get out. There's also Rc engineering here in Torrance (so cal) that sonic cleans and balances them with a print out for you and they are around 25 bucks a piece if I remember right. rceng.com

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wouldn't hurt to do them every so often. Unfortunately, I waited until there was a problem to take mine in.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You could do it for either depending how anal you are. It doesn't hurt depending on how hard your injectors are to get out. There's also Rc engineering here in Torrance (so cal) that sonic cleans and balances them with a print out for you and they are around 25 bucks a piece if I remember right. rceng.com
Used them. good place.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
What type of problem were you having?
X2

Tell me something about "springs" wearing out on the injector causing improper fuel delivery. Or gummed up injectors doing the same.

Does the computer compensate, thereby changing fuel trim values and ultimately causing a CEL. P0170 for example?

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What type of problem were you having?

Lost compression in one cylinder and started having really bad blow back. Pulled the head and had a piston with a nice size hole in it. Was told this was typical of a fuel delivery problem. Pulled the injectors to have them tested and one had a severe flow problem.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Shannon, do they flow test as well as clean them. I was thinking about doing mine sooner or later.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shannon, do they flow test as well as clean them. I was thinking about doing mine sooner or later.
Yeah, they test them first thing then tell you what's wrong with them. Then they clean them and then test them again. They will give you a print out of the results for before and after. They will even let you watch them test them.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks for the info Shannon

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts