TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a gawd damn new guys area, so, I'm doing it here.

Hey, what's up? I'm Troy and since I've lurked for a few days, I've noticed there are a few people around here I already know. I just want to say, I don't know any of them. They are bad people. Especially Dogonmut. But that's enough about them, let's talk about me.

I'm a fairly active web-wheeler in the Zuks of Arizona. I've got a Samurai buggy on 40s and have been a moderator/administrator on their board for a couple years. I don't actually off-road anymore, but if I did, boy would I be able to get it awn.

Actually, that's true. My wife and I are in full "raise kids" mode so it leaves me little time to wheel, but I still like to build things and help others wheel. To that end, I bought another Toyota when a deal to sell one "fell apart." It's my 4th Toyota 4x4, I think and it's red. I think.

I've had 2 '85 Pickups and an '86 4Runner. The current rig is an '84 4Runner that is mostly stock. I threw my old 35' MTRs on it (they rub even parked in the driveway), ordered some 4:1 tcase gears and sent it up to Zuks Off Road for some bumpers. I've got a rear seat from a Tracker in it for a 3rd row so I can take the kids and when it comes back from Camp Verde, I'll build a cage and some sliders and hopefully get some new cargo panels laser cut.

This rig is just gonna be a backroads cruiser to get the family out, so I'm not gonna lock it or put duals on it or bob it or anything silly. Maybe my 15 year old will get it if he gets his shit together and makes it to 16 without me beating him to death with a sock full of butter.

I've also got a few other cars. Some I'm proud of, some I'm not. Some run, most don't. Alright, that's enough about me. Looking forward to meeting you on the trails, but it's more likely you'll see me at the mall in front of Babies R Us buying cases of babyfood and another crib or two.

Troy

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Welcome Troy! Sounds like you'll fit right in since several folks here Web Wheel also;) You should try and get out to the TM cleanup tomorrow. Other than AZ Rocks, this will be an event that brings most of our active members together in one location. Check the upcoming thread folder. If you can make it, that would be great. Might be a good opportunity to bring the 15 year old and teach him some humility. Again, Welcome!
Nate

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I can't find a gawd damn new guys area, so, I'm doing it here.
That's 'cause we don't have a gawd damn homo new guy area. :flipoff4:

Sorry about your affiliation with Scott and Chris. It only hurts when you're awake.

Welcome to fuckstickville. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy back from the dead thread son
I think once or twice every two years I'll update this thread.

4Ruiner is now in the garage with no rear axle or springs. Interior panels and carpet are out. Top is unbolted, WRX seats are in and a plan for a 4Day 4Runner build has been put together and then largely ignored.

I know threads without pictures are worthless, but a 4Runner with no rear axles is also worthless so a picture of it would just add to the worthlessness of this thread. Maybe once I get my shackles back from the laser cutter it'll warrant a picture or two.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
All I know is I saw Nate's screen name when I opened this thread......
Has anyone seen this "man" recently?:D
The HCR guys are the most likely to have seen him.
We haven't seen him either.... Wheeled with him once (In Moab in May) in the last year. He's been "busy"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made a little more progress over the last year. Got the rear axle and springs in. By this time next year I should have the front axle done.

Really looking forward to this as I've got some momentum going on the build now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
philthy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing