TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, A little back ground:

I went swimming yesterday. ECU got wet. Got towed to a house, opened up the ECU, rinsed it off, dried it out, starts fine. Here's my problem now....

The truck starts on its own. Yes. The. Truck. Starts. On. Its. Own.

I left a buddys house yesterday after blowing out the ECU, and all was fine until I got to about exit 341 on I40. Then, fit hit the shan. I got 6 codes, two for the MAF, two for my speedo(because of the regear), one for the CPS, and the other was becasue it was running rich. I pulled the negative cable, let it sit for a few minutes, cleaned the MAF off, yadda yadda, and then only two codes came back. The MAF and the speedo.

This is where I'm confused as hell. I understand that the MAF controls the AFR and all that jazz, so stalling when stopped is a pretty safe bet. Why, when it stalls, does it start again? And I mean START. If I'm under the hood, the truck stalls, the starter will start the truck. At first I thought it was just limited to when the truck was on, but nope. Got to the barracks, parked it, shut it off, pulled the key out, went in to get some laundry started, showered, came back out to my laundry into the dryer and THE TRUCK WAS SMOKING. The damn starter was trying to start the damn thing. I burned the shit out of my self trying to get the battery terminal off, finally did, and it stopped.

I'm going to pull the starter today, clean it up, Clean everything out of the truck, the whole nine, I just want to make sure that I'm not nuking this situation.

Anyone have any experience with this, please chime in. If not, I'll update this when I figure out WTF is going on.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
One of two things:

1. The contacts (easily replaced) in the starter are worn out, and they arc welded themselves together, causing the starter to stay "on".

2. The integrated relay/body ecu (fuse box) in the left side of the dash is wet and shorting out.

I would replace the starter contacts anyway if You are over 100,000 miles.:2cents:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
What Joe said.

Except for:

3. Remote starter thingy got wet and is acting stupid.

Do you have one installed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts