·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems that this will be updated again very shortly.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
That's all mostly common sense stuff we already do. As far as the drinking, personally, I don't drink until we get to camp, or maybe a beer at lunch on the vary rare occasion.

Are you going to be bringing waivers, or are they just for "Sanctioned events", and as I believe this is just a fun run with a bunch of friends who share a common interests, is it needed. And do all the rules of the road apply for such "fun runs"? :p

·
Registered
616 Posts
my034runner said:
That's all mostly common sense stuff we already do. As far as the drinking, personally, I don't drink until we get to camp, or maybe a beer at lunch on the vary rare occasion.

Are you going to be bringing waivers, or are they just for "Sanctioned events", and as I believe this is just a fun run with a bunch of friends who share a common interests, is it needed. And do all the rules of the road apply for such "fun runs"? :p
Not my business..., but..., I think any run that is organized through this board should follow these guidlines!! I have already asked Carl to bring a few copies of the waiver on this trip for the newbies. I think most of us already have one on file. Most of this is comon sense. The only reason we state that these are "fun runs" is so that we can ignore the rules set by the BLM for organized runs. I believe technically, if we were putting on a sactioned run of this size we would need to apply for a permit through the BLM. We are just a bunch of friends meeting to explore some trails?!?!?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
jayfredweb said:
Not my business..., but..., I think any run that is organized through this board should follow these guidelines!! I have already asked Carl to bring a few copies of the waiver on this trip for the newbies. I think most of us already have one on file. Most of this is common sense. The only reason we state that these are "fun runs" is so that we can ignore the rules set by the BLM for organized runs. I believe technically, if we were putting on a sanctioned run of this size we would need to apply for a permit through the BLM. We are just a bunch of friends meeting to explore some trails?!?!?

Good point! :D

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my034runner said:

From what I have gathered as of late is that if it is listed on the "TTORA Chapter Specific Events" of the national board it is considered an "Official TTORA" event (i.e. See the "Drinking on the trail" Thread in the off topic section of the national board.

The updated guidelines have been changed to reflect what has happened since there was a incident at moab.

Most of our guys should NOT have anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
crhannig said:
From what I have gathered as of late is that if it is listed on the "TTORA Chapter Specific Events" of the national board it is considered an "Official TTORA" event (i.e. See the "Drinking on the trail" Thread in the off topic section of the national board.

The updated guidelines have been changed to reflect what has happened since there was a incident at moab.

Most of our guys should have anything to worry about.

HUH??

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
crhannig said:
I type faster I think some times. :D

At least you're not as bad as Andries!! He butchers the American English language with his mistyping (and lack of a spell checker!) :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
crhannig said:
I type faster I think some times. :D

HUH again!!! :rofl:

Now I'm just messing with you now. I'll stop, because it's gone off topic again. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts