TTORA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some input on exhaust. I've always had a V8 until my 05 tacoma. Back pressure has never been an issue. I don't want the volkswagon on steroids sound, I only want to upgrade the exhaust if I can get more power. Is this a waste of time since the V6 needs a certain amount of back pressure, of is the stock exhaust too restrictive? I currently have no performance upgrades since no one is in a hurry to make any.
Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
smokintacoma said:
Just wanted some input on exhaust. I've always had a V8 until my 05 tacoma. Back pressure has never been an issue. I don't want the volkswagon on steroids sound, I only want to upgrade the exhaust if I can get more power. Is this a waste of time since the V6 needs a certain amount of back pressure, of is the stock exhaust too restrictive? I currently have no performance upgrades since no one is in a hurry to make any.
Thanks.
It depends on what you are looking to do. Go dyno your truck, then take the exhaust off after the cat and dyno again. See what kind of gains you can come up with running it open.

You won't make more power with an exhaust than without one so that will answer all your questions without buying anything but an hour on the dyno.

I know it might seem a bit extreme so sorry if it's not what you were looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts