TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm very impressed with the Air Zenith compressor. I used it yesterday to fill up tires after I aired them down. It was almost as fast as my shop compressor. It filled each tire from 20psi to 34 psi in less than a minute. And it refills the 5 gallon tank almost as fast. I aired up all 4 tires in about 10 minutes total.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
PB2themax - Where did you find that tank? It's a 5 gallon tank? I'm looking for a long cylindrical tank to fit under the bed but all I've been able to find are fat short tanks and the pancake type. Looking for something like 6-8" diameter and maybe 30-36" long.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
That's from FBI...they are like 3 miles from my house. SWEET! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, here's some info about these cool quick disconnect couplers that I found. They work great.

Legris C9000 quick disconnect safety coupler

- Safety : rapid two-turn disconnect eliminates accidental disconnection and hose-whip.
- Compatibility : accepts industrial interchange and other common plug profiles. A complementary solution: plug adaptors which adapt existing plugs to specific local standards (look at the animated presentation).
- Light weight : tough, composite material is lighter than brass or steel.
- Non-mar : will not scratch or damage surface of workplace.
- For compressed air applications where safety, performance and durability are required.

Check this, and click on the little animation vid to the right. http://www.legris.com/website/v_us.nsf/vuid/Con4

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just timed the compressor. The compressor fills the tank up when the pressure gets below 110psi and fills the tank up until it gets to 150 psi. It takes the compressor about 1.5 minutes to fill the tank from 110 to 150. It takes the compressor about 3.5 minutes to fill the tank from 0 to 150 psi. That's pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
PB2theMax said:
I just timed the compressor. The compressor fills the tank up when the pressure gets below 110psi and fills the tank up until it gets to 150 psi. It takes the compressor about 1.5 minutes to fill the tank from 110 to 150. It takes the compressor about 3.5 minutes to fill the tank from 0 to 150 psi. That's pretty quick.
What are the specs on your compressor? I'll be using a Viair 460C.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.air-zenith.com/

Duty Cycle: 100%
Max. Working
Pressure: 200 PSI
Specification:
Fully Rebuiltable with Patented INTERCHANGEABLE PISTON TECHNOLOGY
Oil-less Design
2.85 CFM at Free Flow
Permanately Lubricated Ball-bearings
Moisture & Dust Resistant
Stainless Steel Braided Air Hose
Heavy Duty Inline Check Valve
1/4"F to 1/2"M NPT Adapter
Nylock Vibration-Free Mounting Hardware
One Year Warranty
Size: 13.5" L x 6.5" H x 5.5" W

Mine is the fan cooled version like this one, but the fan is not really necessary unless you're pumping your system up to 200 psi.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
PB2theMax said:
I had the same issue. I finally found a long skinny tank on Ebay. I checked their website and then gave them a call, and got it for $49.95 plus shipping, which is a sweet deal for this tank, which is a very nice aluminum tank. It has perfect welds. I spray painted it black to keep it less noticeable. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FBI-...019QQitemZ290080365255QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I just spoke with Phil at FBI. He's letting me pick one of the tanks up in store for $49.00 like you paid (they are currently on Ebay for $69.00 and in their store for $89.00). Can't beat that service.

It's too bad they are a low-rider shop...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome set of horns....I need those for Dallas traffic.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gsgmac said:
Awesome set of horns....I need those for Dallas traffic.
Oh yeah, I'm just waitin for somebody to cut me off or fall asleep at a green light. I'm ready to blast em off the road. LOL

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Jeff. said:
I just spoke with Phil at FBI. He's letting me pick one of the tanks up in store for $49.00 like you paid (they are currently on Ebay for $69.00 and in their store for $89.00). Can't beat that service.

It's too bad they are a low-rider shop...
Sweet. You got a better deal than me; no shipping. :rolleyes: FBI should also be a good place to get fittings and air hose if you need it. I got all my fittings at a local Fastenal warehouse.

·
Registered
338 Posts
With the tank there does the spare tire still fit?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i'm kind of confused about how the switch wire is only like...3 ft long. That wire has to stretch from my bed, through the cab, to near my steering wheel. I havent re installed it yet, but idk how i will handle it when i do.

I couldnt install mine where you did yours. If you ever wheel that truck, your tank is going to get real screwed up real quick! I figure the only place to install the tank and horn is in the top corner of the bed. Its the only place that it wont get all knocked up when i wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts