TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
specifically in reference to this:
http://www.gadgetonline.com/Transmission.htm#Torque Converter:

has anyone besides gadget played around with the torque converter?

this is going on my 2000 V6 s/c urd fuel modded 4x4 taco, ive got the level 10 vb upgrade allready and it looks like the torque converter is the next logical step.

specifically, i am wondering if anyone has used the "Gadget model" (PTC T040-20RS) on a tacoma instead of a 4runner and how they like/dislike it

also i was couroius to know if the 4x4 torque converters are the same as the prerunner torque converters(i have a complete spare prerunner transmission in my garage)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpin this up

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump, anybody? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My best advice is that unless you are intending to be a dedicated drag truck, FORGET the high stall converter.

I have had mine if for a good while now and I wish I had the stock one back in there and will probably swap it out. In normal driving it turns to much power into heat and will drop your fuel economy. I will also eat some power on the dyno.

However, if a quick hole shot is what you are looking for that is what it will do for you.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gadget said:
My best advice is that unless you are intending to be a dedicated drag truck, FORGET the high stall converter.

I have had mine if for a good while now and I wish I had the stock one back in there and will probably swap it out. In normal driving it turns to much power into heat and will drop your fuel economy. I will also eat some power on the dyno.

However, if a quick hole shot is what you are looking for that is what it will do for you.
well my truck will never be a dedicated drag truck, but i do drive it like it is one on occasion :xrocker:

it seems that there is something lacking when i get on it, mainly from a standstill. this is why im thinking about upgrading the converter

i noticed on your web page
"I do not drag race and feel that a lower stall would be better suited for my style of driving. I think a stall of 3000 RPM would be perfect for me."

now the converter you have in right now has a stall of 3500 RPM, according to the little chart, is that correct?

would having the flash at say 2500 and the stall at 3000 be that detrimental to daily driveability?

appreciate the insights gadget

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi did you ever get the HS Converter. I was thinking about getting one

Thanks John

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ nope

1 - 8 of 8 Posts