TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever been done? Specifically an IFS Tacoma?

Do you think it's remotely possible with a good set-up, good spotter and a healthy assortment of spare parts?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Anything is possible. You will work your CV's but if you've got a couple spares you can get through it I think. A good spotter will help for sure. Plan on some body damage. Drive carefully without hammering it with a ton of throttle and you'll be fine I think.

You'll definitely hit your limits of flex too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, then this should be fun. I don't mind body damage and am expecting it... especially from the squeeze. Gatekeeper will be a lot of fun with how little my front end articulates..... lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And any body damage or broken parts?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Answer = Yes

Soo, figured I'd update this.

I ended up completing Upper Helldorado (with one heck of a spotter) in 2.5 hrs with a winch up waterfall and a broken cv axle coming out of the squeeze... No big issues anywhere else. Total body damage was a good scratch on my driver cab panel from gatekeeper.. easily could have been more. :cool: My bedside got a fraction of an inch away from the wall going through the squeeze, but only the cb antenna hit. (Dovetail FTW, brah.)

It was awesome, though!! Fun little trail..

Some footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDW8ICVmTP0

Gatekeeper

The Squeeze

Silly CV axle :bhump:

Break Over Rock

Freaking Waterfall

Was dragging my shackle in the dirt!

"PreRunner" :cool:

Sorry for all the pics. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wish I could have made it to that run. Life got in the way though.
Looks like a great time otherwise.
Way to go buddy.
Crud, man... That's what happened to me during AZ rocks this year. haha I wanted to make it out so bad. :eek:

Next time.

Moab was a great time, though!! You need to make it out there at least once. haha and thanks, bro..

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Crud, man... That's what happened to me during AZ rocks this year. haha I wanted to make it out so bad. :eek:

Next time.

Moab was a great time, though!! You need to make it out there at least once. haha and thanks, bro..
You haven't seen our thanksgiving Moab trip pictures from 2010?
That shit was epic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts