TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to put the PC 4" lift on my truck to go with the 3" BL and 3" suspension already ther, and I have a set of 14" travel Bilstein 5100's sitting in the basement waiting to be installed. I need some ideas on how to make the rear upper shock mount and I need to know if the prefabbed lower shock mounts that most shops sell will be ok to use. With the BL there is plenty of room under the bed for the shocks. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Comatose said:
I'm getting ready to put the PC 4" lift on my truck to go with the 3" BL and 3" suspension already ther, and I have a set of 14" travel Bilstein 5100's sitting in the basement waiting to be installed. I need some ideas on how to make the rear upper shock mount and I need to know if the prefabbed lower shock mounts that most shops sell will be ok to use. With the BL there is plenty of room under the bed for the shocks. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Your best bet is to go with an underbed shock hoop. Here's a couple examples:

AOR's

DeMello's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it fit on the Tacoma's, even though it says it's for '79 - '95 trucks? That's exactly what I was wanting though. Thanks.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Comatose said:
Will it fit on the Tacoma's, even though it says it's for '79 - '95 trucks? That's exactly what I was wanting though. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it'll fit, but you should probably call AOR and ask 'em just to make sure. I think their bar comes as a couple pieces and you measure and cut it to size, then weld it in. I remember seeing an underbed hoop made specifically for Tacomas, but I can't seem to find it now. I'll keep looking though.

Honestly, you could probably make one of those bars for much cheaper than $150. If you know how to weld, it'd be a snap. Or if you know someone who can weld, it wouldn't take them very long. Maybe you could get together with a local TTORA member and have them help you do it, for the price of some beer or pizza.

Peter Parks has a writeup on his site. Mike's also got some pics on his site.

931 Posts
Comatose said:
Make your own. Do you have a Drill and a sawzall (or hacksaw)? If so you can make the parts and then have them welded on for very little money.

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/lift/rear shocks and mounts/shocks mounts.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts