TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hearing mixxed reviews so what do you guys think is the better option?
I plan on water injection, but probably not for a while, one of these kits is about all i can afford at the moment.
Which kit would you run, and why?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
This has been covered a million times. Search.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Just go with the new URD 7th injector kit. It is what I have been waiting for and would recommend from now on. The topic has been discussed and even though it has just hit the market the concept is the same as the other one. The TRD kit is more expensive and doesn't allow for tuning. The other URD kit is a little harder to tune, but will still do the job.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just got my URD 7th injector kit in the mail this week. The quality is second to none. The install instructions detailed and in color. URD is tuneable.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you are trying to choose between the original URD 6 injector kit and the newer URD 7th injector kit, I would recommend the new URD 7th injector kit.

It will make the same power as the original kit, but it is easier to install, and easier to tune.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Not trying to be an ass here, but this has been discussed. I am sure Gadget will not say he is 100% sure that putting fuel through the SC will not wear the bearings any sooner. However, TRD has come out with the 7th injector kit of their own and has had it out there for over 4 years now. Many people are driving around with this set up and without any problems. Dick will come in and say that both Eaton and Magnuson told him not to put fuel through the SC. Then Dave(trdolman) will come in and say he has had no problems doing just that and has shown the most HP out of anyone around here.

So here it goes. If you're worried about that then don't even try it and go with the other URD kit. You will pay a little more and deal with a harder tune, but have peace of mind about the SC bearings. If you're not worried about it then go with the new 7th injector kit. You will pay less and have a much easier tune. It's as easy as that.

If you want real peace of mind then take off the SC and deal with the less power. This is not directed towards anyone in particular, I just hate hearing the same argument over and over again. Pick one and take your chances, nothing in life is free or without consequences.

·
609 Posts
If you want real peace of mind then take off the SC and deal with the less power. This is not directed towards anyone in particular, I just hate hearing the same argument over and over again. Pick one and take your chances, nothing in life is free or without consequences.

True true true.

I vote for the orginal 6 injector set up simply to see the look of terror on someones face when you remove the whole intake and start cutting injector harnesses.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Hey Matt, long time since I've seen you on the boards. Actually I was off the boards for a while as well. How was the move? Still have your truck? Last I read you were getting rid of some stuff. Was that to sell the truck or just cleaning out the garage?

·
609 Posts
Hey Jose-
Move was good. AZ is great. Waaay too much land to explore. Truck runs great but I have taken more to the dual sport Honda XR. Easier to cover some really rough land in a timely fashion. The truck isn't as fast up here at 7000ft either. Still runs strong but just not as fast. Had the WI system crap out recently anf just got it running again so a few trips are in order. Maybe out in Cali soon to get the Deaver springs re-arched. I may look you up.

Matt

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Cool, let me know when you plan on it. I'll be waiting. I might do the same with my deavers. I might even add 1 more leaf to make it a 9. The dcab is too heavy and wearing them out faster than usual. The added torque isn't helping either.
Jose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts