TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after buying 2 sets of supra injectors while waiting to buy a FTC i spent the extra 200$ and bought the URD 7th injector :D

so who has installed one?

am i the first around here?

its supposed to get here tomorrow afternoon.. and in my usual hurry i will have it installed an hour after the UPS man comes by :p

Pics to follow!

·
Registered
836 Posts
You are not the first. I've been running mine for three weeks now. Install is super easy. The hardest part is deciding where to put the AIC and AFR calibrator. Tuning is another story. I haven't had a driver or willing passenger available (the wife wants nothing to do with it) to help me monitor the computer so it's a been a little frustrating not being able to really dial it in. However, the startup maps have mostly eliminated my pinging and it pulls noticably harder under partial boost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool, I'm finishing mine up this week. I've had the pump in for awhile but just haven't had the time to put in the injector and the controller.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
i just put the seventh injector kit on my bosses blown taco. the wiring sucked but not hard, i took a long time doing it, and soldering and heat shrinking everything. put both modules in, fuel pump, t-stat, and smaller pulley. he went to get a cord to hook up his laptop to to start doing all the mapping etc, so im sure ill busy doing that tommorow:2cents:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
i put the bigger module (forgot wich ones wich) in the right side kick panel, and smaller one above glove, under air bag near pcm. with his initial setting he was smoking his 35" mtr's in the parking lot!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Those of you who have installed the kit, do you electronic instructions for the install? I just want to take a look at them to see if it's something I can do myself or go up to Phoenix and get some help. If you do have instructions, can you send them to [email protected]

Thanks!

AzHobbes

·
Registered
836 Posts
Those of you who have installed the kit, do you electronic instructions for the install? I just want to take a look at them to see if it's something I can do myself or go up to Phoenix and get some help. If you do have instructions, can you send them to [email protected]

Thanks!

AzHobbes
http://www.gadgetonline.com/u-tune-aic.pdf

and

http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

Oooops. You wanted install instructions. I could scan them tomarow, but it really is a piece of cake to install by yourself. If you have a good set of open/box end wrenchs, sockets, wire stripper, screwdriver, and soldering iron, your good to go. The fuel pump would be easier to have a second set of hands to lift the bed, I just used a highlift. Patience and a steady hand will get you through the soldering without any trouble.

·
Registered
476 Posts
"You wanted install instructions. I could scan them tomarow, but it really is a piece of cake to install by yourself."

I have heard that it is pretty simple, I also know that URD is a phone call away if anything should arise. The tuning part would be a definite handful. I read and reread the directions hoping they stick. LOL..

AzHobbes

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why are you guys taking your bed off to change the fuel pump????? If you run it to near empty you can R&R the pump in 20 minutes tops by yourself and that includes cutting, soldering and shrink tubing the wires....You only have 4 bolts in the skid pan and 2 strap bolts(just loosen the rear bolt all the way without removing it) then lower the front of the tank slowly, unhook wiring, lines and unbolt the pump housing and your there... I Have had the URD 7th injector and AFR calibrator for 5 or 6 weeks and have already put 5800 miles on it and it works great. Only 1 recomendation is that you get the IR plugs. I installed the copper plugs and had ramdon misfires. I replaced them with NGK BKR7EIX-11 and misfires were gone. I spoke with Brian and their support is great and I suggested that they only offer the IR plugs with their fuel kits. He said they were considering it. Why go cheap on the plugs when you are buying the best of everything else. I haven't had a chance to tune the kit yet but it runs good the way it was shipped. I was mostly concerned with the lean condition and it fixed that for sure and gave it a noticeable increase in power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts