TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the people that got the urd supercharger upgrade kit, did you see that much improvement in horsepower, mpg, and what about tuning? Was that a bitch with the software and the fuel mapping? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
There's some that say there's a huge improvement, while others (believe it or not) say there's no improvement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Oh wait I thought you were asking about the supercharger itself. I dunno if the fuel kit does anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Oh wait I thought you were asking about the supercharger itself. I dunno if the fuel kit does anything
Wow. You really DON'T know what the hell you're talking about. I suspected it before, but now I know for sure.

You have a 4-cly motor. How about you stop replying to people asking about the V6 blower, deal?

Brian
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
firemantodd said:
Of all the people that got the urd supercharger upgrade kit, did you see that much improvement in horsepower, mpg, and what about tuning? Was that a bitch with the software and the fuel mapping? Thanks!
I don't visit this folder as often, and maybe it would get more responses if it were in the performance folder. Just a suggestion.

Hey I got your PM and I responded, but you never got back to me. I assume this is what you were going to ask, so here it goes.

I can't give you a response for a SCed engine before and after URD since I installed them both at the same time. However, a before and after tuning was a big difference when it came to performance. Mainly when it come to how the engine felt since I didn't get dynos.
When it came to MPG, the before and after tuning made very little difference for me, but from what I've read for those that had a SC w/out the URD it made a noticeable difference. I've read up to 2.5 mpg difference. Some even say they got better MPG after SCed with URD than they did stock, that is if you don't go around stepping on it at every corner of course.
About the software for tuning, the closed loop cal is fairly easy and fun. I spent some time playing with it and it tells you a lot about what is going on in your engine. As for the open loop cal at WOT, I have only looked into it, but not attempted it since I have to do a few things completed before I can go that far. From what I can tell it is a little harder, but only because it will take a little more time to actually get it straight. Also, it is best if someone else drives the truck while you do the tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
mrbigbri said:
Wow. You really DON'T know what the hell you're talking about. I suspected it before, but now I know for sure.

You have a 4-cly motor. How about you stop replying to people asking about the V6 blower, deal?

Brian
Did I not say that I originally thought he was talking about the supercharger itself, and not the fuel kit? Did you not read my second post? There are some that say the supercharger doesn't do anything. How should I know if he has a 2.7 or a 3.4?
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Did I not say that I originally thought he was talking about the supercharger itself, and not the fuel kit? Did you not read my second post? There are some that say the supercharger doesn't do anything. How should I know if he has a 2.7 or a 3.4?
Just about 99% of the discussion on this forum about lean and poor-performing supercharged engines applies to the V6 application. The 4-cyl blowers (former trd blowers) being sold by Gadget already come with all the electronics and fuel you need.

Of course the supercharger "does something". And anyone who knows what they're talking about (not YOU) knows that adding fuel and timing to the stock setup "does something".

I liked it better when you were banned.

One other thing, I find your signature offensive. You totally lack class... for your post is disrespectul to handicapped people everywhere.
 

·
newbie
Joined
·
609 Posts
firemantodd said:
Of all the people that got the urd supercharger upgrade kit, did you see that much improvement in horsepower, mpg, and what about tuning? Was that a bitch with the software and the fuel mapping? Thanks!
The tuning isn't bad once you know what you are looking for and what to do. I did it by taling other advice and trial/error. If you p.m. me I would be more than happy to explain the basics. Definitely use a driver. I did all tuning by myself. It was stupid to go WOT watching the road, AFR, laptop, OBD reader and EGT's at once. It improved my mpg's and performance and was worth it to me. Check out Gadgets guide that is now out.LINK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
mrbigbri said:
Just about 99% of the discussion on this forum about lean and poor-performing supercharged engines applies to the V6 application. The 4-cyl blowers (former trd blowers) being sold by Gadget already come with all the electronics and fuel you need.

Of course the supercharger "does something". And anyone who knows what they're talking about (not YOU) knows that adding fuel and timing to the stock setup "does something".

I liked it better when you were banned.

One other thing, I find your signature offensive. You totally lack class... for your post is disrespectul to handicapped people everywhere.
I agree, I've never heard about anyone who didn't think there was a difference when they got the 3.4L Supercharger...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I have a URD kit and the LM-1 wideband. I have yet to install the kit. I don't remember being advised that I would also need a scan tool. If I'm reading Gadget's instructs correctly, you have to have both tools? Can someone advise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Triple BB said:
I have a URD kit and the LM-1 wideband. I have yet to install the kit. I don't remember being advised that I would also need a scan tool. If I'm reading Gadget's instructs correctly, you have to have both tools? Can someone advise.
The scan tool tells you when your in closed or open loop.
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Triple BB said:
I have a URD kit and the LM-1 wideband. I have yet to install the kit. I don't remember being advised that I would also need a scan tool. If I'm reading Gadget's instructs correctly, you have to have both tools? Can someone advise.
Along with telling you if you are in open loop and closed loop, it is used to adjust your closed loop fuel map by monitoring your fuel trims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
97TacoDude said:
There's some that say there's a huge improvement, while others (believe it or not) say there's no improvement.
Maybe you should leave this to someone who actually has the kit. I been reading your post. YOu are full of mis-information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
firemantodd said:
Of all the people that got the urd supercharger upgrade kit, did you see that much improvement in horsepower, mpg, and what about tuning? Was that a bitch with the software and the fuel mapping? Thanks!

Its a very big improvement. Probably ~20 to 40rwhp. Thats a big difference. MPG is about the same depending on how much you boost. I before you go buying anything you should read up on old post and on gadgetonline.com. You'll understand the reasons behind everything...basicaly the the problems with the SC and the ways to solve that problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
DCabTaco said:
I can't give you a response for a SCed engine before and after URD since I installed them both at the same time. However, a before and after tuning was a big difference when it came to performance.QUOTE]

Did you crap in your pants when you drove your truck with the URD and SC? I reember the feeling of driving my truck after the supercharger was install. It felt like my truck was on crack. After awhile it wears off and you are hungry for more power.
 

·
newbie
Joined
·
609 Posts
Super Doody said:
Maybe you should leave this to someone who actually has the kit. I been reading your post. YOu are full of mis-information.
He's got the 4 banger too! I think he just likes to stir the pot. I have noticed before posts just to piss off people. I really like the ignore feature on the new board.
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Yeah the supercharger/URD was night and day from stock.

Super Doody said:
After awhile it wears off and you are hungry for more power.
Aint that the truth. I have a few of my performance upgrades in the garage still and I'm already thinking about what is next. I was thinking, maybe porting of the heads, bigger valves, and different cam. I haven't looked into any of these yet, just thinking about it. I know I saw a post in the old board having to do with porting the heads, but nothing about the others mentioned. I am itching for the super grip 2" pulley from URD. It's an addiction. MORE POWER!!! (Tim the toolman grunt),.. Arrrhhh arrhh arhhh

...... My name is DCabTaco and I am a power-holic,....
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
He's got the 4 banger too! I think he just likes to stir the pot. I have noticed before posts just to piss off people. I really like the ignore feature on the new board.
There's always that kid that didn't get enough attention at home and is like, "Look at me! Look at ME!!!" :rolleyes:


I opt not to use the ignore button since I feel it is better to know who to watch out for. Kind of like those idiot drivers you spot a mile away :eek: (most of the time the ones on the cell). Besides every now and then I like a good laugh. :lmao:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
191 Posts
Just a quick note. There is A TON of great information on the forum at customtacos.com, just search "URD" and start reading.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top