TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i get the urd kit, and then upgrade later on to the 2.2 pulley? or would i need even more to run it(like water injection, even larger injectors and pump).
I plan on upgrading, but dont want to have to upgrade again with the 2.2 pulley.

I guess the question is.. Can i just swap the pulleys and do some adjustments with the FTC and be fine.

thanks, derek

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
yep, you should be fine.

you can add wi and/or the 2.2" pulley later, you will just have to tune the truck again

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good. i just didnt want the truck to run like it does now without fuel mods, when it has the 2.2.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
dadunc205x said:
sounds good. i just didnt want the truck to run like it does now without fuel mods, when it has the 2.2.
it will, untill you tune it for the 2.2 pulley

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yes you can BUT you have to make sure you're open loop is well tuned or you'll ping like crazy. At the same time you are maxing out the Supercharger with the pulley. Ideally you should run WI. If I were you, I would do the fuel mods first. Get a ODBII scanner (~$80) and wideband scanner (~$300 to $400) and learn to tune your truck first. After you get everything dialed in. Install the new pulley with WI and tune again

My 2.2 and WI on order :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should get the URD kit install first, that is what I did and it made all the difference in the world. I have the 2.2 puller, but never had a chance to install it. The URD kit alone will give you a performance increase.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
PhoenixRage said:
You should get the URD kit install first, that is what I did and it made all the difference in the world. I have the 2.2 puller, but never had a chance to install it. The URD kit alone will give you a performance increase.
You should get wideband tuner if you dont have already.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any link to the wideband tuner? what does it hook up to, the FTC or something else and adjust fuel through different rmp's?

·
609 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf
URD sells the wideband units on their website.
Did you make that bracket to mount your EGT gauge near the steering cloumn? I have a dual a pillar pod but I use my grabe handle so I would like to mount my egt gauges else where.

·
609 Posts
Super Doody said:
Did you make that bracket to mount your EGT gauge near the steering cloumn? I have a dual a pillar pod but I use my grabe handle so I would like to mount my egt gauges else where.
It's the bracket that came with the autometer pod. I like it except for it hides the cruise light. Not really a big deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where'd you find the dual a-pillar mounts? ive been looking for some for a while now, i've just got my boost gauge screwed on w/ a metal L, and it doesnt look very nice.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dadunc205x said:
where'd you find the dual a-pillar mounts? ive been looking for some for a while now, i've just got my boost gauge screwed on w/ a metal L, and it doesnt look very nice.

I bought it used from someone. I don't think they are hard to find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
Gadget
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing