TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my cat is beyond wasted after 210 k. my check engine light has been on for 3 years on and off and is the bank 2 sensor. So my question is who is running an O2 URD stimulator. I am thinking of gutting the cat and installing the stimulator or jsut installing the O2 stimulator. Who has done this and what are the effects.

What other options do I have?

New cat and new O2 - -- too exspensive

After market cat and new O2 sensor --- cat isnt a toyota product and goes out early from searching threads.

Any input is helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
O2 sim worked for me. I still have the two stock cats.

I'm interested in checking them out but with the rust I have to be prepared for a lot of replacements.

I would be tempted to get the magnaflow direct fit for the front cat and ditch the second. The consensus here seems to be that the backpressure provided by the cat is important for the engine to run right.

That said, the mechanic at Kauai Toyota said his cats are gutted and he runs an O2 simulator w/o problems.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O2 sim worked for me. I still have the two stock cats.

I'm interested in checking them out but with the rust I have to be prepared for a lot of replacements.

I would be tempted to get the magnaflow direct fit for the front cat and ditch the second. The consensus here seems to be that the backpressure provided by the cat is important for the engine to run right.

That said, the mechanic at Kauai Toyota said his cats are gutted and he runs an O2 simulator w/o problems.
Well regardless I know the Cat piping is toast due to the nice gap between the down pipe and the front flange on the cat. I will probably weld this hole up after gutting the cat if I cant get it any better. Any as stated before the rear 02 sensor is bad, and the large amount of black soot on the tail pipe. My uneducated mechanic speculation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you're putting out lots of soot, it could well be your front O2 sensor not functioning. That is the one that regulates the air/fuel mixture. The second sensor is really just there to make sure the cat is working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts