TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.urdusa.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=1260518504&reviews_id=31

Anyone try this yet? What about driving in the rain!? Wouldn't that be forcing more water in than the carwash??

"awesome true cold air intake. havent really seen ant mpg gain but who cares the horsepower gain is well worth it. it sounds awesome going down the road. the engine almost feels like it has a power band in it when you hit three grand. one bit of advice, turn your truck off when you are in a car wash. the intake will suck in some H2O. all in all it is an awesome tcai..!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]"​

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It is impossible to pull enough water into the engine from rain to cause any concern at all. Deep water like stream crossings are a whole other concern and it is not recommended for that.

That is the same intake that is used on the URD Supercharger kits. It has been well tested in super driving thunder storms, freezing rain, snow and everthing else, to include CAR WASHES.

Remember many engines use ram intakes and drive in the rain.

Piston aircraft have the air intake right in the front and fly in the rain.

F-1 race cars have the intake with no filter at all scooping air right in the front.

When you drive a motor cycle in the rain, do you drown? Remember your intake (nose) is right in the front.

The bottom line is that there is not a problem with any weather conditions, just don't submerge the intake in deep water and you will not have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
215 Posts
only problem is...not street legal on highway vehicles in cali...so im screwed!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dirt Straw!:2cents:

·
Registered
278 Posts
URD does not market our TCAI for the off roaders. It is intended for street performance trucks and WORKS GREAT!!
Toyota Territory OFF ROAD Asso.:rolleyes:

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Toyota Territory OFF ROAD Asso.:rolleyes:
And the original poster brought the question into this board. Gadget, or URD did. Gadget also said it was for the street. Pay attention please before you go trying to make a vendor look stupid. Thank you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
sar squid79 I dont think the 04' and older trucks have the room for it. I thought about trying to fit one in there, but the deck plate works fine.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Yeah - Deckplate's been working just fine for me for about 2 years now.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
sar squid79 I dont think the 04' and older trucks have the room for it. I thought about trying to fit one in there, but the deck plate works fine.
Till you see the intake temps.

I get better gas mileage with the deckplace blocked off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Gadget, How well would the intake hold up in the desert? Too much dust kicking around? How about all the bouncing associated with it?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Is there some reason to believe that there is less dust in the wheel well with all the dust being kicked up by the tire, where the stock intake is?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
"lmost feels like it has a power band"

Haha kinda funny statement. He must ride 2-stroke bikes lol.

I think that guy needs to just stare at that sentense for a moment til he realizes a power band = band of power that the vehicle makes. haha

Not talkin shit or anything just funny.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dude, it is a intake, if you go to smog you truck put the stock one on. No cops ganna pull you over to look at your intake assembly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts