TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have one of the URD Supercharger Performance Upgrade Kits, here is a little somthing we put together for you. It will help you dial that puppy in. If you follow the guide you will have your truck running as well as ours do at URD.

U-Tune

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks Gadget - nice write up. now that should stem the tide of all the tuning question posts, right???

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think, but I will bet you a box of donuts that it increases the amount of email I get...

·
Registered
53 Posts
when is urd/splitsecond tuning day? I would like to have someone retune my truck even though its been running good for 70k miles with the urd kit, I don't have time in between the offroad racing schedule to help myself is mark the guy to hit up or Is there a URD rep near by?

Thanks for all you're help

Tony

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. The last one got cancled due to rain.

Email URD and ask Brian when he is setting up the next dyno tune day. Our Lambo customer has been bugging us for a touch up of his tune also. That car sounds really nice on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gadget said:
For those of you that have one of the URD Supercharger Performance Upgrade Kits, here is a little somthing we put together for you. It will help you dial that puppy in. If you follow the guide you will have your truck running as well as ours do at URD.

U-Tune
Gadget,

You are right about checking the throttle body on page 21 of your tuning guide. When I installed the URD kit last year I triple check the throttle cable adjustment to make sure it was open when the accelator is pressed. Today I noticed that my throttle is partially open even when you manually open it all the way by the throttle cable mechanism without using the cable. I'm gona get the throttle body warrantied. My truck is a 03 so I'm surprised the the throttle body wore out.

Is there away to adjust the throttle body open independent of the throttle cable?

Thanks for creating this guide. It just goes to show something as basic as your throttle body can really screw things up.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gadget said:
By any chance do you have a throttle by wire type throttle body?
There is a single cable attached to it and some type of electrical connector.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But is has a cable to that goes to the gas pedal, right? If so it is not the throttle by wire type.

I am amazed that your throttle body is not working the plate properly. It sounds like the belcrank has stripped or come loose from the shaft or something.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gadget said:

U-Tune
can you answer my questions about the water resisntancy of the aquamist water pump in wet driving conditions?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Roger Steele said:
Can You say that in english?

The aquamist water pump is an electrical unit. The aquamist instructions states that you should keep the pump in a dry place. Most people mounted theirs above the frame support under the hood. I was wondering about water resistance or lack of the pump in wet conditions i.e. rain and creek crossings.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pump should not be submerged in water and the pump should be lower then your water tank. The two conflict with each other on an off road truck.

When I put my first 2d system on my 96 4Runner I sealed up the pump with silicone. I have done lots of creek crossings since then and all is well. The newer pumps come sealed up like I did and I guess you do to a little more just to be safe.

I can't say it will not be a problem, I can only share my experiences.

Rain and the like should not be any problem at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts