TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK first off, I know this is the wrong section, BUT it is also the most widely read section.

It has been announced that the IL house of reps is trying to pass a bill that will seriously hinder all forms of vehicle recreation. This new bill (HB 367) that is being proposed will ban ALL inoperable AND NON STEET LEGAL Motor vehicles in the state! In other words, if your truck doesn't meet state DOT laws, you can't have it, period. Technically, I'll loose my shop truck, even though it's licensed, just so you guys know how serious a matter this could be for you.

Here is a link to the SEMA SAN page that talks about the bill. This page also contains the contact information for all the members of the IL House Transportation and motor vehicles committee. Please, certainly if you are an IL resident, take a moment to send these reps a POLITE email explaining why this bill will hurt IL.

Again sorry for being off topic, mods please move if you feel there is a better forum that gets good traffic.

There was a hearing on the subject March 6th but there have been no updates since.

·
Registered
382 Posts
WTF why?

what about other vehicles like lawn mowers, forklifts, and such?

what is it supposed to help? :confused:

EDIT: and would it include ATV's, NASCAR...

H.B. 367 would redefine “inoperable motor vehicles” to include vehicles incapable of being lawfully driven on state highways in full accordance with Illinois vehicle laws.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I cant wait till i move out of this shit hole!! Cant they make laws to fight real crime, and not waste my tax money on enforcing gay ass laws like this? So does this mean that the 1944 jeep willys g503 that i have sitting my buddies garage will have to be trashed since it doesnt run and probibly never will be street legal? Or the xj trail beater that i have that has 33s stock and all the fenders cut off it that never leaves my buddies property will have to be destroyed? What BS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts