TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if a backspacing of 2.75" with a 15x10 would work on my truck 2000 PreRunner. I'd much rather have a 3.75 or so but for 122 a wheel I can't complain and the don't have that size in our bolt pattern. Sorry if I missed anything about this but I've never heard of anyone using 2.75 backspacing on our trucks on the nat. board from 99. And never heard of anyone using this particular US Wheel.

Also is a composite wheel a good idea (alluminum on the inside steel on the outside) to use? The only bad thing I can think of is the chrome chipping and the steel rusting. I can't decide if its a good or bad idea what are the draw backs. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
a 2.75 backspaced wheel is going to stick out about 1.75 inches further than stock. That is a lot of stress added to the whole front drivetrain that I personally wouldn't add. I run a 3.75 backspaced wheel and can't imageing needing to go out further. Just my .02$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't be half as bad as everyone that I know of running 12" rims and above I'm not too concerned with the wheel bearings after seeing what I have so far. Also sticking out is not a problem, don't really care about width or how far it sticks out. So thanks for the insight. But its an odd backspacing and the only one they offer in that style rim. I can't find a decent rim in a 15x10. Looks like everything is going to 16's.
What I'm thinking about is if the drums / discs are going to be uncovered and sticking out of the backside of the rim and the clearance issues. Since I'll be running 35's with minimal amounts of lift. I think thats what's bothering me most.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping it BTTT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts