TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the deal-
the original engine in my 98 tacoma sheared the key off the end of the crankshaft and boogered up the pulley and the crank keyway. I was lucky enough to find an engine rebuilt by a local dealership tech for $1500 and dropped that in to replace original engine. The old engine ran perfect and never burned a drop of oil. I used mobil 1 5w30 in it since day one and changed oil every 4000 miles. A person could jbweld or arc weld the pulley on the end of the crank and it would be ready to roll-or a person could do a rebuild on it-recut the keyway in the crank and have a new engine-either way-I dont need it anymore so someone make me an offer on it
located in zip code 22602 in Winchester, VA $300 obo, or trade for a used hunting rifle or set of fender flares for a 96-2004 body style tacoma-somebody take this off my hands, thanks

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
dayum! I already have too many motors sitting around or else I would seriously give you an offer.

but as it is I would be sleeping out in the garage with the motors if I brought another one home.

so here is a bump for you. good luck!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
TacoDell said:
Wrong side of the country... dammit
use the TTORA pony express and tag team it across the country.:D you might have it close by Take Over!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, forgot to mention it has 192,000 on it-ran prefect even with this mileage -would still be running it if it weren't for the crank pulley issue

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TacoDell said:
Wrong side of the country... dammit
I've got a 3.4 with 58K miles in NorCal if you are interested. It's gonna be a lot more than $300 though since there's nothing wrong with it. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Mike said:
I've got a 3.4 with 58K miles in NorCal if you are interested. It's gonna be a lot more than $300 though since there's nothing wrong with it. :D

Later,
....Mike

Oh there's nothing wrong with mine either...

A spare would be nice though...

Ok... spill it... How much for that candy ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not sure what caused the key to shear off-occured while engine was turning approx 2000 rpm and vehicle was traveling 35 mph. Somebody make me an offer on this thing so I can get it out of the way!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
TacoDell said:
Oh there's nothing wrong with mine either...

A spare would be nice though...

Ok... spill it... How much for that candy ?
$1500 obo :)

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I would have thought you would have already sold this thing! But as I said before, if I had the room and the spare cash right now. I would take it off your hands.

Wish I could help, but here is a :bump: for you

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
12 Participants
TRDatVT
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing